Chapter 22: Riser Phenex

"...What?"

Issei thought he misheard her. But when he went through his excellent memory, he knew that was not the case.

"Please, if only for tonight. I really need your help." She begged. Issei looked into her worried eyes with an unreadable expression. Using his observation technique on her to find out what brought about this sudden act, he sighed.

[Intentions: Lose virginity in hopes of nullifying engagement]

He sighed again." Rias, losing your virginity won't end your engagement. That'll only happen if you ended up getting pregnant. And considering the devil race's none-existant fertility, I highly doubt that'll happen.

The only thing you'll succeed in doing is pissing off your fiance and his family as well as put a target on my back. So I implore you to calm the hell down and relax." He spoke. His eyes looked at her dissatisfied.' Did she honestly think I'd sleep with her after she tried to kill me? Twice?' He thought.

Rias looked quite surprised and also shocked. She didn't expect for him to refuse. This was Issei after all. She expected he'd be more than willing to jump in bed with her.

How wrong she was.

Though, even she had to admit, that when she thought about it, what he said made sense.

He parents, brother and Rizer wouldn't care much if she lost her virginity to a man other than her fiance. After all, they were devils. Some of them have been engaging in the act since their birth. Who the hell would give a damn if she slept with another man?

No one.

But if that man is an important and powerful individual, like a Cardinal Hero for instance, then they'd back off.

This was ultimately the driving thought behind her actions. But once again, her plans did not turn out as she hoped.

"Then what do you want me to do?" She asked as tears began to build up in her eyes.' Drama queen.' He thought in response to her words and actions.

But nevertheless, he answered her." Rias, if the man is such a pain in your side, then challenge him to a rating game or something. It's a simple method and very easy to deploy. And doesn't involve you being in my room." He spoke, his voice turning quite sarcastic at the end.

Rias shook her head." I couldn't beat him in a rating game even if I tried. I have no experience in the games while he has never lost a single one. He has a thousand years worth of experience behind him on the battlefield while I only have eighteen. He has a full peerage while I only have three at my command. Not to mention his heritage as a Phenex grants him instant regeneration. Essentially making him immortal on the battlefield." She spoke and began to cry. She let her face fall into her hands, trying to cover up the tears and sorrow she felt at that moment.

"Everything is stacked against me and I don't know what to do..."

Issei merely shook his head at the girl. While he hated seeing a girl cry, he couldn't care less if the one in front of him wailed in agony.

"Oh, and who's fault is that? Rias, just listen to yourself. No experience? So what? You said you have eighteen years of experience, I only had two months of experience and still kicked your entire peerage's ass!

Heritage? You are a devil princess. Descending from two powerful clans. Possessing both the power of destruction and the spacial magic unique to the Gremory. And yet still, you lost to me, a human with no such heritage.

All your doing is making excuses for your short comings. If you hadn't ran away from home and continued training under your teachers, you would have been powerful enough to take him on and win. If you hadn't been so neglectful towards your peerage, they would have been able to handle an entire peerage on their own.