Chapter 39

"Soo, who's going to ring the doorbell this time? I did first and I'm pretty sure that I'm bad luck." Stiles said as we approached the door. 

Scott rolled his eyes at him. "Don't be dramatic, Stiles. I'm pretty sure that it was just bad timing." He told him when he hit the doorbell. 

A few seconds later, the door opened. I felt butterflies in my stomach when I saw Emily. Her eyes gleamed in the sun as she stepped outside to give me a hug and kiss. "I missed you so much, Isaac. Let's talk later tonight." She whispered in my ear. Maybe I'm the dramatic one in this situation, but I feel like I'm in a dream. Emily has been on my mind for days. 

I heard footsteps approaching from inside of the house. Emily's dad walked through the door and gave us a small wave. Oh god, I hope this isn't going to be too weird. "Hey Uncle Andrew!" Scott said to him. By the way, he talked about him, I didn't expect him to be this excited. "Ah, Scott, always a pleasure to see you. You've grown up so much since the last time I saw you!" He said. 

Emily's dad looked at Stiles. "And Stiles! I remember when you were just a little kid." He said to him. "Huh, maybe I should start visiting Beacon Hills more often before you guys head to college." Ugh, I'm next. He already spoke to Scott and Stiles. I hope this isn't going to be one of those 'Hey, asshole, don't mess with my daughter' conversations. I'm nervous.

He finally walked towards me and we awkwardly locked eyes. "Now, you're a new face. You must be Isaac." He told me. "I've heard a lot of good things about you, well, mostly from Emily." He said with a smile. 

"Yeah, it's nice to finally meet you. Emily talks about you all the time." I told him. 

"Likewise. I'm actually heading out to work right now, but I'll see you guys at dinner later. We'll catch up then." He said, giving me a pat on the shoulder as he walked away. 

This is not how I pictured Emily's dad. I always thought he was going to be some mean guy when in reality, he seems pretty decent. 

Emily's POV

"Well, welcome to mi casa!" I told Scott, Stiles, and Isaac. "There are a few spare bedrooms, so make yourself at home." 

"You know, as much as I hate rich people, I gotta say: They have some real nice fucking homes," Stiles said in awe, walking around as I gave them a tour. 

This made me feel a little embarrassed; I guess it never really mentally hit me that my parents were... rich. Growing up, all my friends had money and I didn't question it. My parents put me in a little societal bubble since the day I was born. Sometimes, I just wish people would look at me past the money. 

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna head up to my room," Scott said, walking up the staircase. 

Stiles and Isaac gave him a confused look. "Wait, you have your own bedroom here? You've literally never mentioned that before. Dude, I thought we were besties." Stiles said, looking a little butt-hurt. 

"Then come and check it out. A couple of years ago, Uncle Andrew let me decorate it and stuff. He bought me a ton of gaming consoles too." Stiles quickly followed him up the stairs. 

And then, it was just Isaac and me. "So, you wanna see your room?" I asked him. 

"Actually, I'm more interested in your room. I wanna see where my insanely hot girlfriend has been holed up these past few days." He said, picking me up. Alright, Isaac. I'm definitely getting the 'tell me you want to have sex, without telling me you want to have sex' vibe right now, but with Scott and Stiles here, way too risky. 

I gave him a little punch on the arm. "Isaac! Control your urges!" I said with a laugh. 

He smiled and rolled his eyes. "Fine, fine, I'll do my best." I leaned in and gave him a kiss. "You know, that doesn't help either."

"Okay, fine, I just won't kiss you, like, ever again." I teased him. "My room is down that hall near the kitchen." 

After Isaac navigated his way to my room, he plopped me down on my bed. "Geez, it's so dark in here. What are you, a vampire?" Well, technically a werewolf. "I'm gonna open the curtains." 

"Go for it," I said as I watched his jaw drop.

"No way," Isaac said, turning towards me. "You can literally see the ocean from your window and there's a staircase leading to the beach." 

"We can have a bonfire after dinner," I told him. "I can also see if I can sneak some stuff from my parents," I said with a smile. 

"A bonfire? At the beach? In your backyard? Count me in." He told me before kissing me. 

I hate keeping secrets from Isaac. The longer I keep it, the harder it will be to spit out my werewolf secret. So, I will definitely need some alcohol in my system tonight. I would tell him right now, but he seems so happy and excited. I don't know how he's going to react. I'm just buying myself some time for now.