Chapter 24

The old lightbulb in the janitor's closet flickered, struggling to stay on. I was terrified to turn around. Judging by Isaac's face, he wasn't too pleased with what he was seeing.

"How about the three of us just forget this all happened?" An older voice asked.

I got up and looked at the doorway. It was the janitor I had seen around school since I transferred to Beacon Hills High, but I didn't think he would be working this early. I could feel my face turn red. I never thought I would be in this situation before. 

I wiped my mouth and grabbed my backpack. "Um, sorry... it will never happen again." I said, attempting to apologize.  

"I've been at this school for over a decade. This isn't the first time I've caught two teenagers in this closet." The janitor said, grabbing a plunger. "Now, get to class unless you want me to bring ya to the office on my way to unclog a toilet." 

Isaac and I bolted out of the closet. 

"Oh god, that was so awkward and embarrassing." I said, leaning against my locker. 

He smiled at me. "Hey, at least it wasn't Scott or Stiles or anyone else."

"Yeah, that's true." I said, holding his hand. "But I kind of want... alone time. Just the two of us. Maybe we can drive down to my home in San Diego when my parents are away?" I looked up to him, hoping for a positive reaction. 

"I'd like that a lot." He told me, before kissing me on the forehead.

The bell rang and students began to flood the hallways. 

I saw Scott and Stiles walk towards us. 

"How'd you two get out of class so early?" Scott asked, suspicious. 

"Um... my teacher let my class go early." I replied. "It was basically a study session for the next exam."

I hope he doesn't dig too deep into this. I didn't exactly picture myself in this situation.

Well, maybe I did. The whole hooking up with Isaac thing. I think about that particular situation a lot

I looked at Scott's face to see what his reaction is. 

He looked a bit disappointed, as if he wanted to catch me in a lie. I mean, he was pretty close. 

"Hm, what about you, Isaac?" Scott asked.

"Oh, I just got here. I had to walk because... you know, I didn't exactly have a ride." Isaac said. He seems so suspicious. I know I shouldn't ask particular questions, but part of me was curious. Him not having a ride here definitely ruled out the possibility of him living with a teacher or anyone working at the school. Maybe I should ask him where he's living. 

"Oh yeah. I forgot about that." Scott replied. 

He knows who Isaac lives with. I would ask Scott, but I am so tired of hearing things from him. I want Isaac to trust me and tell me the truth. He has opened up before- I just need to him to do it again. 

I snapped out of my thoughts. 

Scott and Stiles looked at each other. 

Stiles turned toward me. "Scott and I were going to wait until lunch to tell you this, Emily, but we decided that we want to introduce you to someone we think you'd like. He's really cool too. I think you'd be interested." He said with a hopeful smile. 

"Who? This sounds like you're setting me up on a blind date. Tell him I already have a boyfriend anyway." I told them, hugging Isaac's arm. 

Stiles paused. "Okay, okay. I can see how that kind of came out wrong."