Chapter 20

I turned around to see Jackson in what looked like an ripped, old, ugly jumpsuit. 

"Jeez you scared us!" I said with relief.

"Uh, what's up with the outfit man?" Stiles asked. 

"Last time I was here, my nice, expensive clothes got dirty. Do you not remember me complaining about it? I literally had to buy new shoes and brought my entire outfit to the dry cleaners. Decided I would save myself from the trouble this time." Jackson replied, clearly annoyed.

Stiles shook his head in agreement. "Eh, I guess you have a point. But your outfit looks like you taped some rags together. Just saying." he said before turning back to look at Scott. 

"It's called fashion. Try it sometime. Flannels are so out of style. But remind me why I am here? Did I really just leave a girl in my bed to spy on Scott with you guys?" Jackson asked. 

"We're not spying, just making sure he's got backup. That would be you and me." Isaac told him, rolling his eyes.

"Oh yeah, I should have mentioned this earlier, but if a problem arises, I'm supposed to bring Emily back home." Stiles told us. 

Suddenly, I felt my heart sink. Leaving Isaac and Scott here alone just felt... wrong. Wolf or not, I may be one loyal bitch. 

"Nope." I said nonchalantly. 

Stiles sighed. 

"Emily it's for the best. Who knows what they will do to you when Gillyan finds out Scott isn't alone out here." 

"Well if things get ugly out here, you're free to leave. But you aren't going to change my stance on leaving them out here." I replied, pointing to Jackson and Isaac. 

"Wow, sounds like your girlfriend has a death wish, Isaac. Anything to say, loverboy?" Jackson asked. 

"Yeah, please talk some sense into Emily." Stiles added.

Isaac tilted his head back and closed his eyes before speaking. 

"It's her choice if she wants to stay or not. Stiles, you always came along and it was never a problem. What's the difference between you and her?" 

"It's called, 'I don't share blood with Scott'." Stiles replied. 

"Yeah, okay, even more reason for me to be here." I told him. 

"Well what about Melissa? Didn't she just call you? Next thing you know she'll be calling my dad to report you and Scott as missing!"

Mid conversation, we heard a loud growl. 

Everyone looked at each other in fear, almost scared of what would happen next. 

We had all gotten so fixated on who should and who shouldn't be here that we stopped paying attention to what was happening to Scott. 

When we looked, I could tell this was just the start. Gillyan was holding Scott by the neck, whispered something in his ear and proceeded to throw him to the ground. 

"Isaac, should we do something?" Jackson asked, suddenly concerned. 

"If she touches him again, we go in." Isaac said. 

By this time, Gillyan and the other wolf were already storming off, looking unsatisfied. I wondered what they wanted from Scott and why they were arguing for so long. 

Scott was getting up, brushing off the dirt from his clothes. 

"Well this was a waste of time." Jackson said, returning to his normal self.