Chapter 22

I need Scott to come home. He needs to explain these.  

These photos answered a lot of my questions, but also created more in the process. I was frozen, just staring at them, confused.  

The girls in the sorority- they were all in Gillyan's pack. I knew this was just a front for the pack as soon as I saw the house they were standing in front of. My family used to live there temporarily before we moved into my parents' current home. The colonial style home looked the exact same, but with Greek letters. 

The most confusing part about this was that my parents sold that house- but to who? 

Avery looked completely different. The last time I saw her, she had long, brown hair. In the photos, she has a blonde bob. And maybe got a nose job? I don't think I would recognize her if I walked past her in the street, even if I wanted to. Even her eyes were different. 

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted. 

"See? Her and her sisters are so cute. That could be you next year at Yale!" She exclaimed.

Before I could tell her about my second thoughts on going to college, I heard the door open. 

"Scott? Is that you?!" Aunt Melissa shouted from the living room. 

"Yeah. Hey mom... and Emily." He said, walking into to the room. 

Melissa got up and crossed her arms. "Want to explain why you're home so late? We talked about this."

"I know, I'm sorry. Stiles and I had to add some reinforcements for you know, that time of the month?" Scott whispered to her with a strange look. Did Stiles come up with that excuse?

"Okay. Fine." She replied, looking back at me nervously. She has no clue that I know Scott is a werewolf. 

"Can I go upstairs and sleep now?" 

"Yes, just... you better be here when I get home tomorrow, okay?"

"Will do. Night, everyone." Scott said, heading up the stairs. 

Aunt Melissa turned towards me. 

"You should go upstairs and get some rest too." She said, rubbing my back. "And feel free to keep those photos for a while." 

I grabbed my belongings and ran up the stairs. After setting all my stuff on the desk, I looked down the stairs. No sight of Aunt Melissa. 

I softly knocked on Scott's door. "Scott, open up, it's Emily." I whispered.

He opened the door, looking tired. "Can it wait until tomorrow?"

"Uh... Yeah I guess." I looked at the photos in my hand." You have a lot of explaining to do though." I said, looking up to him. 

"I always do." He told me, sighing. "Goodnight, Emily. We'll talk about everything tomorrow." He said, closing the door. 

I walked down the hall back to my room. Looking at my room from the doorway, I noticed how barren my bedroom was. It was filled with the basics- bed, desk, and dresser. Nothing special. 

Before moving here, Melissa told me I could decorate it however I wanted. I guess I didn't anticipate on actually enjoying life here in Beacon Hills. I sure as hell didn't anticipate on falling in love with Isaac. The very thought of him made my heart race- his eyes, hair, scent, body... everything. I want to tell him those three words, but there never seems to be a good time. I know he feels the same way. I just don't know if it's to the same extent. 

My thoughts shifted back to my room. Pacing around, I thought of different ways to make it a bit more personal. I guess I could hang some photos of my friends and a couple of Isaac and I. Maybe buy a lamp and some decorations so it doesn't look like I live in a storage unit.

After getting into my bed, I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking about those damn photos of Avery. Something about them made me uncomfortable. I mean, why completely change your appearance out of nowhere? 

I got up, turned on the light, and grabbed the photos. Spreading them on my bed, I tried to figure out the chronological order of how they were sent- but none of them were dated and they all had the same photo quality. I wanted to ask Aunt Melissa but I could hear her snoring from down the hall. Not only was she oblivious to the fact that I know about werewolves, but that her niece was one as well. 

If one of these was taken five years ago, there is a high possibility that she left because she was a wolf- but that didn't explain my parents' reactions. They just... brushed it off. I was told not to worry about her. Never did they mention anything about her going to college though. I'm starting to think they might know something about where she is. There's a reason we don't get her fake sorority Christmas cards. 

That's it. I'm calling my parents tomorrow. One of the reasons I never bothered to call them about my sister is because I want to protect them. Just because I'm not close with them doesn't mean I don't care. I guess I understand why Scott kept all of these secrets from me. The less I know, the safer I am. Hmm that's also probably why Isaac doesn't want me to find out where he lives; instincts tell me he's living with a teacher at school.

My thoughts shifted to someone else: Derek. He hasn't been the nicest person to me since I moved here. Not to mention that our past encounters  were pretty... unpleasant. However, his life now lies in my hands, and I can't let his pack down. 

Hypothetically, I could go to Gillyan's pack and give them all the information I have and pray that they will let me go safely- but it isn't enough. I don't have enough information right now. 

I looked at the clock on my desk. 3 a.m already? I couldn't help but groan. Even if I went to bed right now, that would leave me with less than three hours of sleep. I guess I could always ditch. I haven't missed a day of school so I'm pretty sure Aunt Melissa would let it slide. 

Isaac's POV

I got to the loft as soon as I could. When I opened the door, dozens of scents hit my nose. Lots of perfume. A lot. It was almost nauseating. 

I really wanted to believe that Gillyan was bluffing on holding Derek hostage, but there were definitely girls here. Werewolves to be specific. 

We didn't have much furniture so it was hard to tell if he cooperated with them. I walked into the kitchen to look for any clues that might give me an idea of what happened here. I saw a large scratch on the counter- a werewolf scratch. At least Derek didn't go down without a fight. 

I turned around and saw a sticky note on the fridge. It was perfectly placed right in the middle. 

It read:

One week or you'll see how easy it is to steal your girlfriend  ;)

-G