chapter 12

It's been nearly two hours since Isaac and Scott left for who knows where. They couldn't even tell me where they were going. I don't think I've been this scared for a long time. I think it was when I was thirteen. You see, I had a sister- had. The moment she turned eighteen, she got up and left. But what she didn't understand, was that she was all I had. She was my best friend, but now she's just a stranger. I haven't talked to her since that night. She told me she would come back for me, and promised that I would see her again.

It hurt when she left. I was confused and alone. But what hurt more, was seeing how my parents didn't care. They woke up the next morning, and acted as if everything was the same. It made me wonder if they would care if I left too. But the fear I felt- of being alone- was much similar to what I'm feeling right now. Scott and Isaac are really important to me. Although Scott can be a pain in the ass sometimes, I still care about him. He's like my brother. 

I went to the kitchen to get something to drink. I was surprised to see Stiles sitting in the living room.

"You didn't go with them?" I asked.

"I promised Scott I would stay here and make sure you don't leave." He said.

"Oh." I said, taking a seat next to him. 

We sat in silence for a few moments.

"Are you worried?" I asked him quietly.

He sighed.

"I don't know. I mean, I guess I'm always worried about Scott. He's my best friend." He said. "But he told me that Derek might join the alpha pack, so the fight may not go down."

"Really?! I've been so scared this entire time! They never told me that."

"Well I don't think you should really be scared of anything."

I was so relieved. I was just stressing and thinking about all the terrible things that could happen tonight. 

Scott's POV

Isaac, Jackson, Peter, and I hid in the bushes near the clearing in the preserve. In the distance, we could see Derek. 

"Remind me again, why the hell we're here?" Jackson asked. Peter quickly put his hand over his mouth. 

"If you don't shut up we will feed you to the alphas," Isaac threatened.

I looked towards Derek. He was dressed in dark clothes, ready for whatever would happen. All I knew was that we couldn't afford to have him leave. He was the alpha, and lord knows what hell would break lose in this town without him. 

It took Isaac and I a lot of work to get Peter to come with us. He seemed to support Derek's decision to leave. I thought he had some ulterior motive behind all of this. Isaac thought he would kill him, so he would become the alpha again. To me, Peter still had a human part in him. Although he never admitted it, he somewhat cared for Derek. 

Suddenly, another wolf came into view. All I could see was her bright red hair, and her matching red eyes, glowing with power. She was definitely one of the alphas. As she walked towards Derek, another wolf followed her. He was a boy, around our age. 

"I know her," Peter said. He was squinting his eyes, to get a better view of her.

"How?" Isaac asked.

"Did you guys used to hook up or something?" Jackson asked. We all shot him a glare.

"What? She's hot," he said. Peter rolled his eyes at his response.

"Her name is Gillyan. She came here a few years ago to come and recruit me, but I declined." Peter replied.

The wolf behind Gillyan stopped a few steps behind her. His eyes lit up, but they weren't red. He was a beta. Why was a beta with her? And where were the rest of the alphas?