Chapter 33

Isaac's POV

After Stiles puked, we all agreed to call it a night. I tossed and turned on the couch, waiting for Emily to call. God, the fact that she still hasn't called or texted back worries me. Did she find out that Allison called me? Was it drunk Stiles who told her? I am seriously thinking the worst. My life was so shitty before Emily, and it is going to be even shittier if she breaks up with me.

I saw my phone light up with Emily's photo. She finally called and I haven't even decided what I'm going to tell her. I mean, I know what I'm going to say, just... not how to say it.

I grabbed my phone and immediately answered. "Uh, hey Emily. I was worried about you."

I could hear her sigh over the phone. "Yeah, I've been trying to wrap my head around some stuff at home." She told me. "But what did you want to tell me? You said it was important?" Gosh, she sounds so suspicious.

"Um yeah, so we didn't go to the party. Stiles and Scott weren't really feeling it so we ended up hanging at Stiles's."

I just knew she was rolling her eyes. "So, that was the important thing you wanted to tell me?"

With my eyes closed, I gritted my teeth and decided to tell her about Allison. "Well, not really. Allison has kind of been bugging me. Like, she keeps texting me and she tried calling me while she was at the party... even left a weird voicemail too." Emily isn't the jealous type, but I'm a bit worried that this might be something she would freak out about.

There was a bit of silence on her end of the phone. "You didn't answer?" She asked.

"No, I didn't really see any reason to. I'm not even friends with her." I replied with relief. Thank god Emily isn't mad.

"Hmm." Ugh. Maybe I spoke too soon. "You mentioned a voicemail? What did she say?"

"Well... to sum things up, she drunkenly admitted that she still has feelings for me. But don't worry Ems, I'm not even going to reply to her or even call back." I reassured Emily. Hopefully, this is enough.

"Ha! I knew it! I told you she still likes you!" What I love about Emily is that none of this is getting on her nerves. She won't let it get in the way of us being together. "You do know that you're going to have to see her on Monday though, right?"

I closed my eyes, dreading Allison either confronting me or constantly apologizing. "I would do anything to skip school on Monday." Once again, there was a bit of silence. It wasn't awkward, but I could tell she wanted to tell me something. "Is... everything okay?"

"It's just, I also have something pretty important to tell you as well. I wanted you to go first because I'm not too sure how you're going to react to what I have to say next." Oh no. It's happening. What's she going to say next? That she's going to stay in San Diego and never come back to Beacon Hills? "Just, don't overthink it. I have bad news. But, there is also good news." As if I wasn't already overthinking.

I sat up on the couch. "Alright. Well, tell me the important thing first." I told her anxiously.

"Okay, so, this is going to sound completely insane and you're going to have to believe me on this."

I wanted to laugh. "Seriously, Emily, I'm a literal werewolf. What could be more insane than that?" Maybe her 'insane' news isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

"Um, a werewolf baby?" Now, this concerned me. There is no way she could be pregnant with my baby. We haven't even had sex yet. There's no way. Unless...

"Is it Jackson's?" I asked her. I could almost feel the rage building up inside me.

I could hear her laugh. "What?! First of all, I am in a committed relationship with my boyfriend, cough cough that's you. Second of all, Jackson? Seriously? I would never. Also, the baby is my sister's."

"Well, that eased my mind a bit. And confused it a little too." As a fairly new wolf, I am not exactly educated on the topic of werewolf babies. "Uh, congrats to you and your sister, I guess? Was that the good news?" I asked, still confused.

"Not exactly. Avery is going to leave the baby with my parents. She's going back to Gillyan's pack. That is the bad news. But before I tell you the good news, I need to ask you a question." Emily said. I could tell she was anxious too.

"I'm probably not in the right place to say this, but leaving your kid to go run with your pack is pretty messed up."

"Yeah, tell me about it. That's why I said its the bad news." I felt like she was avoiding asking me whatever she was going to ask. As long as she isn't going to ask to have a werewolf baby, I will gladly answer any question she has.

"But, you said you wanted to ask me something? What is it? I kind of want to hear the good news eventually."

"Um, well..." I could tell she was hesitating. "Come on, Ems, spit it out. I know you wanna ask it." I told her.

"Do you enjoy your life as a wolf? I mean, I know it has it's perks, but do you miss being human sometimes?" Woah, that kind of came out of nowhere. "I know it is a hard question to answer, but be honest about it."

"Please don't tell me that Avery offered to turn you. It is not worth it, Emily." Yeah, it would be nice to have Emily in my pack, but I don't want her to be stuck in Beacon Hills like Scott and me. "You would feel trapped," I told her with a sigh.

"So, do you feel trapped?" She asked me.

I thought about it for a couple of seconds. "Yeah, kind of. I mean, I'm grateful to be a wolf and its nice to have a pack, but a little more of freedom would be nice. It's like having a family that you're stuck with forever." I couldn't help but feel curious. "Why are you asking all of this all of a sudden?"

"What if I told you that I have a proposition for you? Do you ever wish you were a human again, Isaac?"

*A/N*

I am back!!! And I am finally giving all of you the ending that this book deserves! <3