Chapter 3

When I got home, I completely ignored Scott. He was in no place to tell me who I could date and who I couldn't.

After I finished my homework, Scott came into the room.

"How come you never leave your room?"

"I don't know, Scott. You forbid me to talk to my only friends."

He sat next to me and took a deep breath.

"Look Emily, I have nothing againt Jackson or Isaac. But I know things about them that you don't. Trust me, you don't want to be with them. They aren't what they seem."

"What's so bad about them?"

"You'll find out sooner or later."

He got up and left.

I closed my laptop and thought about what he said. 

They aren't what they seem. I repeated his words in my head. Why couldn't I at least be friends with them? I just moved here and they were the only people who had an interest in me. Well, other than Stiles. But he wasn't really my type.

What was it with Beacon Hills? Everybody acted weird around here, like they have something to hide. If it weren't for the people living in it, this would be a really nice town. But for some reason everyone just seemed... off, or strange. Even Scott and Aunt Melissa were acting different since the last time I visited. Especially Scott.

I opened my laptop and opened the browser. I searched "beacon hills" and pressed enter.

What I saw shocked me. There were numerous reports of murder- all in Beacon Hills. And almost all the victims were from Beacon Hills High. 

Did I make the wrong choice by moving out here? It wasn't safe. 

"What are you doing?" Scott asked, grabbing my laptop from me.

"I searched Beacon Hills and I found this."

"Are you scared?"

I pressed my lips into a thin line and nodded.

He came next to me and hugged me.

"Emily, don't be scared. I'll protect you."

"How can I not be scared?! I just found out that I'm putting my life in danger just by attending school. I knew moving out here was a bad idea!"

"Emily, listen. There's things about me that you don't know. You'll find out soon, but all you need to know is that you're safe with me."

Scott's POV

I walked out of her room. I felt so bad lying to her. The truth was, the was no way she was safe with me. Her life was in danger every second she was with me. 

By the time my mom came home, Emily was already asleep.

"Mom, I really need ot talk to you." I told her, as she walked through the door.

"What is it, honey?"

"It's about Emily. She saw the news reports. She knows about all the deaths and the danger she's in."

"Did you tell her?" My mother asked me quietly.

"I didn't want to. She's going to find out eventually. It's just so hard keeping keeping this a secret."

"I know, Scott."

Emily's POV

The next day at school was interesting.

I sat with Scott and Stiles at lunch. Isaac joined us and sat next to me.

"Hey Emily." He said.

"Hi, Isaac." I said, smiling.

Scott glared at me, while Stiles glared at Isaac.

At the end of the day, I grabbed my books and walked out of the school.

"Hey, wait up!" Isaac yelled behind me.

"Oh, hey Isaac."

He gave me a smile, and I smiled back.

"I was um, just wondering if you wanted to hang out or do something later."

"I'd love to! But Scott probably wouldn't like that."

"Why's that?" He asked, giving me a confused look.

"I really don't know. He told me to stay away from you. Something about you not being what you seem... whatever that means."

His eyes widened like he knew exactly what I was talking about. 

"Well, I should probably get going. But here's my number if you want it." I said, writing my number on his hand.

He smiled and waved at me while I walked away.

I looked around to see if Scott was stalking me, or going to yell at me for talking to Isaac. I saw him out of the corner of my eye. He was talking to some girl. I think her name was Allison. Scott looked happy. He never told me he had a girlfriend. 

"How come you're allowed to date, and I'm not?" I asked him.

"I never said you weren't allowed to date. I said you weren't allowed to date Isaac or Jackson. Jackson has a girlfriend anyway. And Allison isn't my girlfriend."

He looked mad and stormed out of the room. Scott was pretty confusing at times.

The next couple of days, school was pretty uneventful. Expept Friday.

"You're kidding, right Jackson?" I overheard Lydia saying.

"I'm sorry, but that's the way things are. I don't like you anymore Lydia."

"You're breaking up with me for some new girl you don't even know?"

My mouth dropped open. What?!

"I saved you." She said.

What was she talking about?

"I saved you from that evil lizard you were!" She screamed at him.

I wanted to laugh. Evil lizard? There was something really weird about the people here, no doubt.