chapter 6

Scott and Isaac as werewolves? No such thing.

I laughed really hard when they told me.

"Really now? You aren't going to tell me Stiles is Edward Cullen or something, huh?" I said to them.

Scott turned serious, and looked me in the eyes.

"Emily, I'm serious. And you can't tell anyone about this." He said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, I won't tell anyone about your stupid Halloween costume, if it means that much to you guys. Halloween is like, two months away, so I don't see what the rush is."

"It's not a Halloween costume!" He said, looking angry. 

For a second, I thought I saw his eyes change colors, but I think it was the sun. 

"You can explain it to her." Scott said, looking towards Isaac.

Scott walked out the room, bringing Stiles with him.

"Why's he so mad?" I asked.

"Because you don't understand."

"Am I supposed to understand something?"

He sighed.

"Yes. You know how you're always complaining about how this place is so weird?"

"Uhm, yeah. Like how you're acting weird right now, and how Scott's always acting weird."

"Well there's a reason for that. It's up to you if you want to believe, but we ARE wolves, Emily."

I rolled my eyes.

"You are not a wolf. You are a human being. Do I need to get that into your mind?"

"Do I really need to prove this to you?"

"Well, I'd love to see you as a wolf." I said, giving him a fake smile.

"Give me that knife." He said, gesturing to the kitchen knife next to me.

"You aren't going to.."

"Just give it."

I slowly reached over and handed him the knife.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

He cut a deep gash into his wrist.

I gasped.

"Stop!" I screamed at him.

I grabbed his wrist, but all that was left was a tiny cut and some blood.

"Need any more proof?"

I looked at him in disbelief. 

"How... How did you do that?"

"I told you, I'm a wolf."

"I haven't seen you as a wolf, therefore I can't believe you."

"You'll see sooner or later.." He said, walking away.

"Wait!" I said, before he could get out the door.

"If it's true- that you and Scott are wolves.." 

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Are there others?"

He looked me in the eyes.

"If only you knew.." He said, right before leaving.

First of all, him cutting his wrist must have been some trick because that was not possible. No human being could heal that fast. Unless... no. Not possible. Werewolves do NOT exist. 

I went into my room and heard Scott talking. I held my ear up to the wall and listened to his conversation. It sounded like he was on the phone with someone.

"What do you mean she didn't believe you?!.... You healed yourself- isn't that enough proof?..... She wants to see you as a wolf?!" I head him say.

He must be talking to Isaac. Jeez, Scott won't let this go. But seriously, can you blame me? My closest cousin just told me he's a wolf. That's right- A WEREWOLF. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the thought. He'll have to let this go sooner or later. Maybe I should bring this up to Aunt Melissa.

I walked into the living room, where she was reading a book. 

"Aunt Melissa?"

She looked up from her book.

"What's going on? You look a bit worried."

"Well, Scott's been kinda unusual lately."

Her facial expression changed. She looked curious.

"He has?"

"So today, after school, Isaac, Stiles, and him were telling me... some things."

"What kind of things?"

"Well, for starters, he thinks he's a wolf. And I just want to clear some things up. Are you sure that they don't do drugs?"

She looked a little relieved. Why would she look relieved? I just told her that her own son could potentially be on drugs. In what world, would she- or anyone- be relieved?!

"Emily, this is going to be a huge shock for you, but Scott... he isn't what you think he is."

"Uhm alright?"

"You need to trust him on some things."

"Wait, don't tell me you joined the bandwagon on the whole 'Scott's a wolf' thing?"

"Emily, you don't understand yet."

"There's a lot of things I don't understand, Aunt Melissa, but I know Scott and Isaac aren't wolves."

She sighed.

"You may find out the hard way, Emily."

I ignored her and went back into my room. 

"Werewolves DO NOT exist." I said to myself.

God, I was going crazy. If this was some sort of joke, it was definitely getting old. For the first time since moving here, I really wanted to go home. No, not Scott's house. I mean, my home.- where my parents were. Well, actually they weren't there. They were probably traveling or whatnot since I was out of their way. 

By the time I finished my homework, it was pretty dark outside. But the light from the full moon managed to illuminate the night sky. 

I got a text from Isaac.

"Emily, I need to ask you something. It's really important." He said.

"What's going on?" I replied.

"When was the last time you saw Scott?" 

"A few hours ago. He's in his room. Why?" 

"Are you sure about that?"

"Well last him I checked he was in there."

"Go look. Call me if he isn't there."

"If you say so." I said.

I walked through the hall way and stopped in front of Scott's door. I gently knocked. 

"Scott?" I asked, still knocking.

No response. I opened the door, hoping to see him, but there was no sign. 

Where did he go? I didn't even hear him leave. Great, Scott snuck out of the house. I mean, really? It's a Monday. There was no way he was at a party. 

I looked around his room, hoping there would be a note of some sort. Nothing. Nothing but an open window.