Chapter 29

I paced around the nursery trying to make sense of it. The only reason my parents would set up a nursery is if my mom is pregnant. I mean, she isn't that old. I suppose it would be kind of nice to have another sibling, but that doesn't fix the fact that I still haven't found my sister. Questions ran through my mind. 

When were they going to tell me about this? Did they think I would come home after summer and surprise me with a baby? Was my mom pregnant when I visited a couple months ago? Also, why did they pick this particular room? There are four other bedrooms in this house. 

My initial reaction was to call my parents, but I didn't want them to know I've been sneaking around. I'm not even supposed to be in this room anyway. I guess I'm just going to have to pretend I didn't see any of this. This is my one chance to find out what happened to Avery and I can't ruin it. 

I closed the door shut and went back to my bedroom. The first thing I did was text Isaac. 

there's a lot of weird crap going on at my house

Within minutes he replied.

like what?

i think my mom's pregnant? there's a nursery and all. i'll fill u in later tonight. don't tell Scott.

I won't. any news on your sister?

no not yet. i'm still waiting for my parents to come home. idk where they are.

i'd call you rn but i don't want Scott to get suspicious. we're spending the night at Stiles's

you guys aren't going to the party?

there was an incident during lunch. i don't think they want to go anymore

what incident?

I'll explain later. don't worry about it. just keep me updated on what's going on down there. we don't have much time, but i'll call u tonight ems ;)

It feels like Isaac is hiding something from me. We tell each other almost everything. 

I would text Scott about the "incident" but he would suspect that something is wrong. We never tell Scott about our little fights. It's none of his business in the first place, but he would definitely beat Isaac's ass regardless of who started it. He's more protective than both of my parents combined. 

After watching a couple rom coms, it was getting a little late. My parents don't work this late. They must be at some dinner. Then again, a lot of things have changed since I've been back. 

I got out of bed and checked the kitchen for some food. Before moving to Beacon Hills, I was so used to having Marcus cook for me. We would eat and gossip together about boys before my parents would come home. I kind of miss those days, but I guess my parents let him go. Or maybe he just got fed up and left. 

As I opened the pantry, I was a bit shocked. My parents were always health freaks, and now we have Oreos in every flavor. I guess that's just my mom's cravings- excessive junk food. 

Hoping there would be at least semi healthy food in the fridge, I opened it. Eyeing some bread, meat, and lettuce. I decided to make a sandwich. I took a bite and walked around the house again. 

The more I looked, the more I realized that maybe Jackson is right about me. There was this one time when the two of us were alone together after class, packing up our bags. I never told anyone about it because it didn't seem relevant at the time- but it is now. When I first got together with Isaac, Jackson told me something that I thought was weird at the time. He told me that we were 'more alike than I think'. At the time, I just thought it was a joke, but he was serious about it. Now, I think I know what he means. 

We both live these lavish lives, in fancy homes filled with material items from designer brands. Just... things that we don't need- they're just things. People would think that we enjoy our lives, but I don't, at least. It's a lifestyle that's a burden and blessing. I don't need a fancy house or designer bags to be happy. I just want my sister and Isaac. 

As I walked to the kitchen to put my plate in the dishwasher, I heard the front door open. 

Isaac's POV

The night at Stiles's was getting pretty boring. I mean, he's having a great time. He's downed at least six beers. 

I sat on the couch, scrolling through my phone. 

Stiles put his arm around me and pulled me close. "Whatcha doin Isaac? Looking at Emily's nudes?" He asked with a grin. 

I pushed him off of me. "No, she isn't like that."

"D.. do you wish she was?" Stiles asked me, slurring his words. 

"Eh... not really. We understand each other and I think that's enough."

"Really?? Dude, if I were you I would be banging her like, everyday."

"You do realize my room is directly across from her's, Stiles?" Scott asked, focused on the video game. 

I closed my eyes and pretended not to hear what Stiles had said to me. 

"There's ways to be intimate without sex, you know?" I said. 

"Yeah, sure." Stiles said, rolling his eyes. "I just think it's weird that you two have been together for soooo long and you still haven't done it."

I felt like the conversation was getting a bit uncomfortable at this point. 

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." 

"Have fun." Scott said. 

I looked in the mirror. Maybe Stiles did have a point. Or maybe he doesn't. Like this morning, she let me look at her naked. Maybe I was the one who made it weird by turning around when she was changing. I wonder what would have happened if I didn't. 

I felt around in my pockets, looking for my phone. I kind of wanted to text her to check if everything was alright with her family. I must have left it in the living room. 

I left the bathroom and everyone's eyes were on me as I walked in. Ugh.

"What now?" I asked. 

"Are you sure you're not having sex with her?" Scott asked, throwing my phone at me. 

I looked at it. Allison was calling.

A/N

Hey everyone! Sorry for the late update! I've been working on something new ;)

Don't forget to vote and watch 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' on Netflix! It's an amazing movie and you won't regret it 😉