Chapter 15

Derek's sudden interest with Emily kind of concerned me. "What about her?" I asked curiously. 

He tore his gaze away from me and sighed. "I know you're not going to like what I have to say, but just hear me out." He said. I could already tell from the tone of his voice that this wasn't going to be a friendly talk. 

"Go on, I'm listening." I said, taking a seat on the couch. 

"Well, with the alpha pack in town, things are going to change. We need to figure out what we're going to do, and the rest of the pack needs you- without distractions." He said, as I stared back at him. 

"So you're saying that Emily's a distraction?" I asked. 

He nodded. "But it's not just that, Isaac. Emily- she's a nice girl. If you break up wi-" he began, as I interrupted him.

"Woah, who said anything about breaking up with her?" I asked, standing up from where I was seated. Since when was it his place to tell me who I could be with? Since the alphas came to Beacon Hills, he's been a control freak. 

He sighed, and walked toward me. "Look, I understand, but she's just a normal girl. You shouldn't drag her into any of this. She could've easily been killed earlier if I didn't come and get her from school." He did have a point. I mean, if anything were to happen to Emily, I'd probably blame myself. But that doesn't necessarily mean I should end things with her. 

"I know she's just a normal girl, and she probably deserves a better guy than me, but I need her, Derek. Before I met her, I didn't remember what it's like to feel anything- emotion wise." I explained.

He rolled his eyes at me. "You don't 'need' her. You're just being selfish. I've been in your position before, Isaac. I know what it's like to be alone- I've lost my family. But Emily's not going to help." Is he serious? She's helped me in more ways than I can imagine. She actually cares about me, and I'm a lot happier now that I'm with her. 

"Do you even remember what it's like to have a girlfriend, Derek?" I asked.

"Yeah, actually I do. And you know happened?" he asked, "she burned down my house, and killed my family." For a moment, I feel bad about what I said. But at the same time I don't because he insists on being the biggest cockblock there is.

"Well, I don't have any family, and I live with you. I highly doubt that Emily is gonna go crazy or anti-werewolf or anything like that." I said. I knew that she never wanted to become like me, but I don't think she'd ever go extremes about it. I'm talking like Argent extreme- the whole nine yards. 

Derek sighed again, and ran his fingers through his hair. "You're not getting the point, Isaac." He said, clearly frusterated. 

"No, I get the point. You want me to break up with her- for what? So she can live a normal life?" I asked. "Well, newsflash, Derek, she already knows what we are, so I don't think she can live 'normally' anyway." 

"Isaac, you're ending it with her, whether you like it or not. " He said, in a serious tone. 

"And if I don't?" I asked. I wasn't sure if I wanted to know what he would do. 

"There will be consequences." He replied.

"Like?" 

"I'll bite her." He said. There's no way I would let that happen. But there's also no way that I'm breaking up with Emily. God, I really need to talk to Scott about this. He'd probably know what to do. 

"She doesn't want that, though, Derek. You know that!" I said. 

He just looked at me and smirked. "I know. That's why I'll do it. And every moment of her self-loathing will be associated with you. So end it with her." He said, walking out of the room.

I really didn't understand his motives here. He wants her to live a normal life, and then he threatens to bite her. I took my shirt off, and collapsed on the couch. My thoughts focused on one thing: Emily. How am I going to solve this problem?

Emily's POV

The next day at school was hell. Since I left my project at school, I had to finish it. It wouldn't have been a problem if it was due another day, but unfortunately, it was due today. I pretty much spent my entire lunch period putting it together. And to make my day worse, I had to present it in front of my entire history class. I spent about ten whole minutes talking about lord knows what. 

As soon as my last class ended, I grabbed all my belongings and headed out the door. I wasn't surprised to see Isaac standing next to my locker, looking concerned. "Hey," I said to him.

"Hey, is everything okay?" He asked, before giving me a soft kiss on the lips.

"Yeah, I'm fine I guess. I'm still a little stressed out from last night. I didn't get much sleep." I said. Honestly, I probably got about three hours of sleep last night.

"Alright, I just wanted to make sure you were doing okay." He replied. There was something about him today. He seemed a little... strange. 

"How about you?" I asked, "You're a little different today." 

He scratched the back of his neck, which concerned me. That was something he only did when he was nervous or anxious. "Uh, yeah, I'll be okay. Just a rough night, you know." He said, sighing. "Anyways, I better get going. I'll come by your house later tonight, okay?" He asked with a smile. 

I smiled back at him. It was hard not to. "Yeah, I'd like that." I said, before he walked away. 

Less than a minute later, as I was grabbing my books from my locker, I felt his hands wrap around my waist and push me against the locker. "I forgot something." He said, before he pressed his lips on mine. My arms found their way around his neck, and I pulled him closer, intensifying the kiss. Finally, we pulled away so we could actually breathe.

I looked at him and smiled. "A little intimate for school, don't you think?" I asked. 

He smirked at me. "Maybe, but what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't give my girlfriend a kiss goodbye?" He said, giving me one last kiss. As he walked away, he turned around and gave me a wink , which pretty much made my heart melt. He could make my day better with just one look. 

What's happening is inevitable. I was falling for Isaac. Hard.