Chapter 19

"Alright let's talk about life more. Whatcha wanna know? I'm an open book ya know." I said, grinning.

"What are your plans for college?" Emily asked quickly.

Woah, what a bizarre question. This is something I hadn't really thought about. I knew she would have eventually brought it up, but still. I guess I have to give her an honest answer.

"I haven't really given it much thought."

"Well, what about community college?" She asked. I could hear the disappointment in her voice.

"I don't know, Emily. I mean being a wolf in high school is hard enough. Plus I would rather focus on the pack."

"But Scott-" I had to stop her mid-sentence.

"I'm not Scott though. I don't... have any family to impress or hide what I am."

Emily was beginning to get on my nerves. Why was she asking me all these questions about college? I don't see it as a big deal that I'm not going.

"Why do you care so much though?" I asked her.

"Isaac, I'm going to Yale next fall." She told me, touching my arm.

When was she going to tell me this? Yale is far. Is she really going to just abandon me here? She is my everything. I don't want her to leave.

"When were you planning on telling me?"

"I found out when I went back home. I wanted to tell you then, but the whole Cody thing happened and I never really knew how to tell you."

I'm happy for her, really. I just wish I had known sooner. I don't want to keep her away from following her dreams and going to college.

But I don't want to see her leave me. This is her choice. If she wants to go or not. It pains me to lose someone again.

"Well, if you're going to leave Beacon Hills, I want make the most out of what we have." I said, giving her a soft kiss on the lips.

If only I could come with her.

In the midst of a make out session with Emily, her phone rang.

"Who is that?" I softly asked, pulling away from her lips.

"It's Stiles"

I grabbed the phone from her and answered.

"Stiles? What's going on? Where's Scott?" I asked before putting the call on speaker phone.

"Issac? What's going on? Where's Emily?" Stiles jokingly whispered.

"Okay, be serious. Where is Scott?" Emily asked.

"Yeah, I want to talk to him." Isaac said.

"I would give him the phone Isaac, but I'm literally hiding in a bush right now. Can't you tell by my whispering?"

"Full pun intended, will you quit beating around the bush and tell us where he is?" Emily said, giving me that cute smile of hers.

"We're at the preserve. And nice joke Emily."

I rolled my eyes.

"That helps. Where exactly?"

"Near the Hale house. Scott is talking to Gillyan's pack right now. It was like they were waiting for us there."

"Okay, just stay where you are. Is he in danger at all? Like can you hear what they're talking about?"

"Uh I don't think so. It might be about Derek though, I heard his name like three times."