Chapter 18

Isaac gave me a smirk as he stood there shirtless. I wonder what's going on in his mind. We've never actually... You know... Slept together. The only person I've ever had sex with was Cody, but I pushed that thought away. 

As I began to take off my top, his smile soon faded away and he looked a bit concerned.

Great. My boyfriend doesn't want to sleep with me.

My face turned red with embarrassment. I knew this was a bad idea.

"Emily?" Isaac asked, breaking the silence that filled the room.

"Yeah?"

"Are you sure this is how you want it to be? You know.. our first time. I guess I wanted it to be special, you know?"

I sat down and put my shirt back on.

"Yeah... Maybe you're right. We never did talk about this."

Deep down, it really hurt me that he didn't want to sleep with me because he and Allison already had. I felt a ping of jealousy. Without thinking, I spoke.

"But I just don't understand, Isaac. You'll sleep with Allison, but not me?" I immediately regretted my words.

"You different, Emily. I want this to be special for a special person," he said as he sat next to me, holding my hand.

I felt terrible and so good at the same time. Being told that you're special by the one person you truly love fills your heart like nothing else.

"I'm sorry. About Allis-" he stopped me mid sentence.

"I want to focus on us. You and me. Not her."
Welp. I was planning on telling him about my idea of getting Scott and Allison back together. Guess that idea flew out of the window.

I looked up to him and smiled before giving him a soft peck on the lips.

"I can't afford to mess this up. I'm in this for the long run." Isaac told me as he held me.

Those three words lingered in my mind. The long run. What about college? I still haven't told him about Yale. I'm going away in less than a year. I know Scott is probably going to community college, but what about Isaac?

"You okay? You seem kind of dazed."

"Yeah, I am alright. This whole Avery thing is getting to me I think."

"We don't have to talk about it. Let's just... Lay here and talk. "

"About what?" I asked as I plopped down on my bed.

He mimicked me and laid down.

"Random shit, I guess. Hmm... Let me think... What's your favorite color?"

"Easy. Blue. Next."

"Okay, but why? I feel like everyone has a reason for everything."

"Reminds me of the ocean. Or maybe my house, I guess?"

He was quiet before talking.

"Do you miss home?"

I looked at him and put my hand on his cheek.

"This is my home. You're here."

He pulled me closer to him and gripped my waist.

Isaac's POV

Emily telling me that I'm her 'home' is the next best thing to saying 'I love you'. Fuck. Why did I think of that?

I looked at her in my arms, falling asleep. I brushed away her hair from her eyes. I'm in love with her. Definitely.

I just don't think I have the balls to tell her I love her. What if she doesn't feel the same? Is it too early?

I stared at the ceiling. This girl could ruin my life and I'd let it happen.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and texted Scott.

Emily fell asleep. Text me if there is any news on her sister

I put my phone back in my pocket and settled myself in Emily's bed. She rolled over and rested her head on my chest.

I felt like a creep watching her sleep but I couldn't help myself. She was so beautiful. Angelic if anything. I think one of the reasons I love her so much is that I can be vulnerable around her without judgement. This is one of those moments where I really wish I could be human. Scott told me there isn't a cure, but at least I can protect Emily better than anyone else. 

I pulled out my phone again and looked at the photos of Emily and me. I guess I'm kinda sad that my eyes are closed in all of them. One shot of my eyes, and I'm living proof of werewolves. I'm not surprised that she hasn't caught on yet. Although I gotta give myself some credit. I do hide it well. I'm either kissing her cheek or resting my head on her shoulder with my eyes closed. They're pretty damn cute. 

After a while, Emily fluttered her eyes open and yawned. 

"Woah, how long was I asleep for?" she asked. 

"Not that long" I told her as I kissed her forehead. 

She looked up and we smiled at each other. 

"Let's talk about life some more."