Chapter 17

Isaac's POV

I laid on the couch just staring at the ceiling thinking. The same thing I've been doing since Derek threatened bite Emily. I just can't bring myself to talk to her. Derek's words have been haunting me since I last saw him. I mean, maybe I am being selfish, but after everything I have been through, I think I deserve to be happy. I am way too into Emily to break up with her. Hell, I don't think I could even do it if I wanted to.

Fuck it, I'm going to defy Derek. Lets face the facts here: he doesn't have the time to train Emily and he is going to need as much help as possible since Gillyan and her pack are in town. I'm calling his bluff on him biting her. He's a dick sometimes, but not big enough to bite her.

I grabbed my phone from the charger and looked through all my texts with Emily. God do I miss her. I know its only been a couple of days since things have been kinda off between us.

I scrolled up to the older texts and found a cute selfie she sent a while ago and smiled. Just before I began text that I wanted to talk, I saw Emily typing.

Isaac, i know things haven't really been the same lately, but i need you to come over right now. ASAP

Oh shit. I'm in trouble. She's gonna break up with me. Something is wrong. I shouldn't have lied about all the homework. I didn't even have any... Is Derek there?

My mind was wrecked with all these thoughts and what could be wrong with Emily. Is this the end of what just started?

I threw on a hoodie and headed over to the McCall house.

Emily's POV

All I could do was stare at Scott and Stiles, confused. I arrived in Beacon Hills, completely unaware of the existence of werewolves. Never in a million years would I expect to be the center of attention for a pack of them.

"W-what??" I asked, stuttering.

"Gillyan's pack is here because of you. And side note- I'm kind of offended that you didn't listen to my little speech. " Stiles said, crossing his arms.

"No I was listening but I just don't understand? How is this possible? What do they want with me?"

"I'm not sure exactly but it's kinda clear they want you at this point" he said casually.

I moved my eyes towards Scott, noticing his lack of response.

"Um hello?! Care to say anything?" I asked, waving my hand in his face.

He quickly snapped out of a daze.

"I think I have an idea about why they want you so bad, Emily"

"Really? Please tell because I am so confused."

"You're not going to like it though" Scott warned.

"I don't care at this point. I'll do anything to resume a somewhat normal life here."

He closed his eyes for a bit before asking the question I've been avoiding for the past 5 years.

"When was the last time you talked to your sister?"

The emotions I had pushed away for years came flooding in all at once: anger, sadness, disgust. I hadn't thought about my sister Avery in a while. I wanted to keep it that way.

Stiles's face lit up. "Whaaat Scott?! You never mentioned you had another cousin."

"That's because he doesn't" I said glaring at him. "I haven't talked to Avery in years. The night she left me, in fact." I told the two of them while holding back tears.

"Did she say anything about where she was going?"

"Yeah, and like what did she say to you last?"

I was so tired of their questions that I finally broke and gave in.

"The last night she left I was like, thirteen. She said she was coming back for me one day, which turned out to be complete bullshit. Still don't know where she is. Does that answer all your questions?"

Scott was a bit quiet before speaking. "Emily, I think Avery is in Gillyan's pack," he said softly.

"You... think my sister is in a pack of alphas?"

"Well, I mean if you think about it, Scott's theory kind of makes sense. It does explain why they left everyone alive." Stiles told me.

This whole Avery and werewolf thing was messing with my mind. I just wanted to be with my boyfriend. I need to be with Isaac.

I didn't want to talk about my 'long lost sister' anymore.

"Can we just talk about this later? I need time to process all of this." I told Scott and Stiles.

In the midst of this conversation, I managed to send Isaac a text. I figured he should know all of this.

A loud bang was heard on the front door. Scott let out a sigh of relief after looking through the window before opening the door.

There he was. We just made eye contact as I tried not to run into his arms.

Stiles finally broke the silence. "Okay.. I clearly have no idea what's going on here but Scott, care to share the news?"

Scott pulled Isaac away and told him everything we know.

I felt arms wrap around my hips and a soft kiss on my neck.

"I'm here now. I'm sorry Emily"

There was a bit of tension with Scott and Stiles in the room.

"Um I think we're just going to follow my lead on Avery. I'll text you if we find anything interesting" Scott said halfway through the front door.

As soon as they left, I turned around and wrapped my arms around Isaac's neck. I gave him a peck on the lips.

"Where have you been?"

"I am so sorry. You've got no idea. When you texted me I thought you were in danger. Real danger."

"What makes you think that?" I asked.

He looked away for a moment. "Derek threatened to bite you if I don't break up with you. But I'm not going to do that Emily I promise. I've just been scared."

I took my arms off of his neck and pulled away from his grip on my waist.

I wanted to be angry at him but I just couldn't. I needed him more than anything right now.

"It's okay. I missed you." I told him, grabbing his hand, leading him upstairs to my bedroom. Soft pecks had turned into passionate kisses. His eyes glowed as I gently took his hoodie off.

I shut my door behind us.

Please comment & vote or follow for a dedication <3