Chapter 28

"This is the first time she's texted me, Scott." I replied. 

Stiles was suddenly interested. "Well, you gotta tell us what it says now."

I felt uncomfortable opening Allison's text in front of Scott and Stiles. It could be about anything. I know if I don't show them, they'll think I'm hiding something. 

Scott waved his hand in front of my face. "Are you going to show us or what?"

"Yeah, I will." I said, nervously. 

I opened the message.

you missed your morning classes but i was hoping we could catch up. see you at the party?

I read the text out loud. 

I don't really want to catch up with Allison. She's been acting weird around me lately. Everything between us is over. Completely. Also, why does she care if I miss my classes?

"You going to text her back?" Scott asked, suspiciously. 

"Of course not."

Stiles interrupted with a laugh. "Does she really think we are going to that party?"

"I don't know... maybe it could actually be... fun? Emily thinks we should go." 

"You're really going to take advice from cousin?" Scott asked, scoffing. 

"First of all, she's my girlfriend." I replied. 

"Who isn't here." Stiles chimed in. "Also, it could be a trap. What if Gillyan shows up?" 

"Well, Jackson invited us. I don't think he would set us up. He needs our help more than ever right now. Also, I wouldn't mind partying tonight."

"Jackson wasn't even human last year!" Stiles exclaimed. 

I could tell Scott was getting annoyed. 

"You guys need to be more quiet when it comes to this stuff." Scott said. 

We all nodded our heads in agreement. 

"But what are we even going to do tonight?" I asked them.

"I was thinking we could hang at my place. My dad is working late tonight. Also, he's got a ton of beer in the fridge." Stiles said. "It could be one of our typical boys nights like B.E."

"B.E?" Scott asked.

"You, know before Christ- except I changed the 'C' to 'E'. Before Emily." Stiles replied with a smile. 

"Thanks, but no thanks. I definitely like A.E better. After Emily." I replied. 

I looked at the clock and noticed that lunch was almost over. 

"Alright, we have to get to class in like 6 minutes. We have two options: go to the party, or watch Stiles get drunk at his house." I told them. 

Scott and Stiles looked at me.

"I think you're outnumbered here, Isaac." Scott said, shrugging. 

I guess I can't tell Emily that I didn't try. 

We got up from the table. 

"I gotta go this way, but I'll see you guys after school." Stiles said, walking away. 

As the cafeteria began to clear, Scott pulled me by my arm.

"What's up with you and the party? Do you want to go because Allison wants to see you?" Scott asked in a threatening tone.

"What? No." I replied. "I only brought it up because of Emily. She knows I'm not the most social person, Scott."

"So you want to go just to tell her you went?"

"I mean... basically? I'd just go to tell her all about it. You know we would all be going if she was here."

Scott sighed. "I guess you're right. You really like her, huh?"

"I don't just... like her. I love her." I replied. 

Emily's POV

After being stuck in traffic for hours, I finally parked in the driveway. As I stood in front of the front door, I felt conflicted. Should I ring the doorbell, or use my key? I looked back at the driveway and noticed that there was only one car there, excluding mine. This was... unusual. I didn't recognize the car. I guess my parents got a new one. 

I rang the doorbell at least twice. I guess no one is home- not even Marcus. Something about this visit was odd. 

I finally shoved my keys into the lock and walked in. The house was different- new furniture, walls were painted, our family photos were nowhere in sight. I was kind of in shock. I knew my parents liked to redecorate, but this was... extreme. 

"Hello? Anyone home?" I asked, almost shouting. As my voice echoed, I realized I was completely alone here. 

On my way to my room, I walked into the kitchen, looking for a note. Whenever my parents left the house, they'd usually write me a note- but there wasn't one in sight. 

Even the kitchen was redone: marble island, white subway tiles, new appliances. It looked nice, but it wasn't as 'homey' as before. To be honest, it didn't look much like a home. If anything, it looked like one of those houses that real estate agents show on Sundays. I was curious to see what else they changed. 

I opened my door and was relieved to see that my bedroom was untouched. Were the other rooms like mine, or were they redone as well?

After putting my bag down, I laid in my fluffy bed. If there was one thing I really missed from this house, it would be my bed. 

Once I unpacked and settled in, I walked around my bedroom. Sure, there weren't any significant changes in the room, but my closet was packed with boxes. And I thought my room at Scott's looked like a storage unit. That's nothing compared to this. I didn't dare open the boxes. They're probably filled with information that I don't want to know. To be specific- my parents' research. 

I closed the door to my walk-in closet and sat on my bed. The framed photo of Cody and me kissing was still on my nightstand. After thinking long and hard, I finally put it in my closet with the rest of the boxes. His death never made it on the news. Maybe no one knows he's gone. Everyone probably just thinks he went missing- but I know the truth. 

I wandered around the hall. The walls that were once covered in family photos were barren. It felt strange looking in the other bedrooms, so I didn't. Once I reached the end of the hall, there was only one room left on the floor- my parents' office. This would probably be where all of our photos are. 

When I was a child, my mom told me to never enter that room. I was a really messy kid, so I guess it made sense at the time; can't have a kid messing around with your work. However, I do remember what the room looked like when we first moved in: two desks with desktop computers, shelves covered with awards and photos, some fancy artwork that my mom bought in Europe, and a lot books. 

I looked up and down at the door. I noticed that the electronic keypad was removed. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to take a peek inside. If there was one room that would be left untouched, it would be this one. 

Slowly opening the heavy door, I walked in. The room that I once remembered so well was no longer there. The walls were now covered in white floral wallpaper. There were two chairs, a couch, and a small dresser. The floating shelves that were once home to awards and pictures were replaced with children's books. Beside the wall, there was a crib surrounded by stuffed animals and toys. 

This room isn't an office anymore. This is a nursery.  

*A/N*

Hope you loved this chapter! Don't forget to vote! Also, a HUGE shoutout to all my Dreamers who were reading this back in 2013 lol!

Stay tuned in for the next chapter :)