|| Chapter 4 ||

after a while when the hurt is less, then only you can see the reason

and understand why what they did, which only broke your heart into a million pieces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inaaya then followed Nani to the room. Thus, reaching her room she was rooted to the spot. The room had a modern touch. Then she looked at Nani and gave her a wide smile. Nani smiled back at her seeing her twinkling eyes. It was as if a child finally got his or her favorite toy or ice cream or chocolate. Inaaya's eyes were repressive. They were as if the windows to her pure soul. 

The servants already had set her things and kept all her bags ad luggage in the closet. Therefore, Nani asked her to rest and left the room; providing her the space to settle down and relax. Then Inaaya started to explore the room. The room had a large closet, bathroom, changing area, a small study table at the corner, a lavish television present, and a king-sized bed perfectly placed in the middle. The walls of the room were white and the floor was done with marble. The massive rug placed in the middle was going miraculously with the whole aesthetic of the room. Therefore, she went to the adjacent balcony. On the balcony, there was a small bed covered with lots of pillows and a blanket. Also, there was a swing on the other side of the balcony. the swing was decorated with flowers and lights. Thus, Inaaya sat on the swing. She could see the clear clouds and the chirping of the birds. The sun was settling down and the moon started to rise high.

Then she went on to her phone and checked her emails and social media accounts. After a while, she thought to get fresh and take a nap as she was hell tired and exhausted from the journey. Therefore, Inaaya came out of the washroom after taking a long warm shower. Then she changed into a comfortable oversized white t-shirt and gray mini shorts. Thus, she face-timed her family and informed them about her arrival and well-being. She talked to her mother for about half an hour and then bid bye to her family. Thus, she straightway hit the bed.

On the other hand, Aryan soon arrived in his room. His mind was going on and on with Inaaya's thoughts and the melodious sound of her laughs and giggles. He did not know why he was thinking about her. Thus, he thought of distracting himself. He went to the poolside where he had set up a minibar. Since the whole floor belonged to him hence; he had an indoor private swimming pool, a minibar, a study room, a personal gymnasium, a kitchen, and his sumptuous bedroom. His bedroom was all black and his entire floor was done with a tint of both royal blue and golden. 

Just to clear out the understanding, Khan Residence has six floors. The house is a six-story-high mansion with multiple bedrooms and living areas, a large swimming pool, a gymnasium, a library, a gaming area, an indoor lift, and a personal auditorium, is one of the most expensive residences in the entire city. The mansion held more than fifteen rooms. The guest rooms were located on the first floor. Nani's bedroom was located on the second floor. Inaaya, Suhana, and Abram's rooms were located on the third floor. The fourth and fifth floors held large auditoriums, a library, a gaming area, and a regular gymnasium. Therefore, the whole sixth floor belonged to Aryan. Hence, he built, constructed, and furnished it according to his taste and preferences. 

Reaching the bar area, Aryan poured himself a drink and immersed himself in drinking. It was the only way he thought of distracting himself; from thinking about Inaaya. He needed to stop his mind from thinking about her, his heart from feeling all those newly formed cheesy emotions. It was not him. He is not like this, he cannot let someone take over his emotions and then use them as his weakness. His life is already too messed up.

~ Around 9:30 or 10 p.m. ~

Nani came inside Inaaya's bedroom. She witnessed how Inaaya was sleeping like a baby. She smiled in relief seeing the young girl. For Nani, Inaaya was a perfect mixture of fun, laughter, and seriousness. She adored her little giggles and laughs which echoed in the whole mansion. It had been quite a long time since the Khan Residence felt at home and at peace. Otherwise, it was just a house made with bricks and designed with lavish furniture. Her grandkids were always away due to their careers and fighting their own personal battles. 

Sighing, Nani walked up to Inaaya and ruffled her hair. She just met her twice once when Inaaya was just two years old and now the second time. However, she did hear a lot about her upbringing, personality from her best friend ( Inaaya's Grandmother ). Thus, she always wished for someone like her to be around her house. Looks like the Almighty finally accepted her prayers. Then she caressed her hair, and Inaaya smiled widely feeling the warmth.

" Inaaya, wake up Shona. " Nani said softly.

" Hmm. Dadi, please let me sleep! " Inaaya murmured in her sleep.

" Inaaya, wake up. Have your dinner and then you can sleep as much as you want Shona. " Nani spoke again.

This time Inaaya jerked up from her precious sleep. She saw Nani sitting beside her on the bed. Realization dawned upon her that she was at the Khan Residence, and not at her home. It was not her Grandmother, but her best friend. Hence, Inaaya woke up and sat on the bed rubbing her eyes. Nani smiled at her cute antics and kissed her head. She then left the room and asked her to join them for the dinner. Thus, Inaaya nodded her head in a positive manner and went to the washroom. There she washed her face, pulled her hair up in a high bun, and headed out towards the dining area. 

Inaaya came downstairs and walked up to the dining area. She took a seat beside Nani and sat down. However, she did not realize that a certain pair of hazel-brown eyes were staring right at her from the time she entered the dining area.

Sorry for being late. (as usual)

Do vote and comment.