|| Chapter 8 ||

is it really your anxiety that stops you from giving me everything?

or do you not just want to?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Welcome to the Khan group of Industries, Inaaya. " Aryan spoke while still smirking.

She looked at him, the way he called her name sent a shiver down her spine.

" Thank you, Mr. Khan. " Inaaya replied with a small voice.

She saw him frowning, and thought that maybe it was due to work of stress or something else. However, little does she ever knew that Aryan did not appreciate her speaking to him, with such formality.

" Okay, here's your laptop, required files, stationery, and i-pad. I have emailed you about my schedule, and accordingly, I have a meeting with the Gilberts so be present there and type down the valuable details. Also, prepare espresso for me, without sugar. " Aryan said as he then passed her a container, which held all the things.

" Inaaya, take these files. I want you to go through the accounts and financial documents of the company, for the last fifteen years. Go through them, read the laws and point down the mistakes. Bella will provide you with the Statement of Comprehensive Document and Statement of Financial Position, made for this month. Thus, you will check those and let me know if there are any mistakes. Also, I want it all done before you leave for home. " Aryan continued with his eyes stick to his laptop screen and fingers typing an email.

He could not glance up and look at her. The moment these words left his mouth, Inaaya just stared at him with her eyes wide open and her jaw literally ready to touch the ground. There were sixteen files, including the recent year. 

Does he thinks of her as a robot or something?! 

" You mean all of these files, sir? " Inaaya asked trying to get hold of all the files. 

The files were heavy and each at least contained four hundred pages. Obviously, Aryan had not planned to give her all these. However, he wanted to test her, she was his secretary after all.  As they say, in the business world you have to keep your eyes, ears, and mind clear and open. 

" Yes. Why, do you have any problem? Didn't you have a CA certificate? " Aryan asked finally looking up at her.

" Nope! No problem at all. " Inaaya replied with a tint of sarcasm in her voice.

" Good, now please can I have my espresso? " Aryan asked and went back to his work.

" Yeah. " Inaaya replied and walked up to the coffee machine. 

Aryan sensed her annoyed aura and smirked. He did enjoy teasing and annoying her. He saw her moving towards the refreshment corner of his cabin. He noticed how professional and elegant she looked. She was wearing formal flared grey pants, with a white mid sleeves top and kept her long wavy hair open. Her accessories and jewelry were flattering and subtle. He noticed how concentrated and strenuous she was while making the espresso. He saw how her lips were twisted with irritation and maybe she has already mentally cursed him a thousand times. A sudden thought of tasting her lips spread across his mind.

Thus, Aryan sensed her walking towards him and came back from his daydream, he immediately acted as if he is highly indulged and concentrated in his work. Inaaya then kept the mug on his desk. He glanced at her and got a hold of the mug. He took a sip of the espresso and nevertheless to say that it was just, perfect. 

" You may leave and settle in your cabin now. Don't forget to finish the work before you leave for home. " Aryan said and kept his poker face.

Inaaya positively nodded her head. She then grabbed the container and the files and left the cabin.