|| Chapter 12 ||

one step forward, two steps back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

02:32 a.m.

Aryan watched the body fell to the ground. The red fresh blood sprung around it. The ring from the gunshot still echoed in his ears. However, this was nothing new to him.

He deserved it. The man he just killed. He earned the bullet in his head.

At least, this was what Aryan told himself. 

No emotion and zero overthinking before action. 

Those were the famous words his father told him since he was eight years old. He smiled at their memories. Damn! He missed his old man. If only his parents were there with him to show him the right path, and pat his back whenever he did something good.

" Get rid of him. " Aryan's thick accent filled up the empty building.

His men instantly got to work. Dragging the disgusting body away from him. The man was a rapist, and thought that it was completely okay to kidnap and sell teenage girls; sometimes even boys. Plus, he backstabbed him and continued his horrendous works, even after much warning. Thus, he deserved to die. 

He would own up that he and his family had their hands in black businesses as well. However, they never went too far. Even the freedom to do so never lured him. Aryan Shah Rukh Khan always had his principles straight. 

His men caught him before the police and other officials could. They always did.

Soon enough, his phone started ringing and it pulled his attention from the body that was being dragged away. Yanking it from his back pocket he placed the phone to his ear and exited the building.

" Bhai. Is it done? Are you heading home? " Suhana asked with a sigh.

" Yeah. You both get home soon. " Aryan spoke.

He kept the phone in between his ears and shoulders. Taking out a clean handkerchief, he cleaned the blood droplets from the Beretta 92. It was his favorite pistol, the one he ordered from Italy. 

" Yes. We'll be back in a day or two. Bye, stay safe. " Suhana said.

Aryan just hummed and cut the call. He just ended the call, no goodbye. He then got in his car, a black limousine, and asked the driver to drive him home.

It did not take long for the driver to pull outside of the Khan Residence. The guards came and opened the door of the car. The security guards worked day and night, inside and outside the house, or should they say mansion. It was huge and marvelous. 

Aryan got out of the vehicle and went inside. He got in and checked Nani. She was sound asleep. He was about to go inside his room when he thought to check on Inaaya. 

Speaking of Inaaya, his mind went back to the day's earlier events. It has been one hell of a day.

~ Flash Back to a few hours ~

Inaaya saw the time in her watch. It was 10:45 a.m. Mr. Matthew Bennet and his officials were about to reach their office any moment. She was kind of nervous, she had heard about him. Mr.Matthew Bennet has been famous for his handsome aura and excellent determination in the corporate world.

He was known to be a ridiculous flirt and Casanova, by nature.

Soon enough the meeting started. Inaaya sat beside Aryan, and he took his seat in the head chair. After a while, Inaaya felt someone caressing her legs. Mattew was sitting right opposite her. Inaaya glared at him, she wanted to just go and slap him; but resisted herself from doing so. She did not want to create a scene, thus she gripped the pen in her hand trying to hold her anger.