|| Chapter 25 ||

I was just a kid, as well.

"Take care of your siblings, Aryan. Take care of them."

His eyes shot open. 

He scrambled back to sit straight and gasped for breath. 

Drenched in sweat. The file on hislap lay open, pages rustling with the air that wriggled- in past the blinds.His dry lips parted, hazel eyes unsettling and his stomach twisted in knots asthe past memories rushed in a lane of his mind. 

The air around him waschilly, it was cold and cruel. He found himself shivering. His rough fingerstouched the corners of the file cover and he slammed it close, dissolving theonly noise that filled the dark room. 

Putting the file on the table beside him, he stood up and stalked toward theopen windows of his room. He separated the blinds, leaning in slightly and closing hiseyes. The air that made him shiver before, now served him as a hideout toconceal his trembling invoked by the nightmare.

Clouds.

Dark grey clouds.

Rains.

"Oh, I hate rains with passion." 

Little Aryan of seven years said, a frown deeply etched on hisface as he moved towards the steel shed after parking his year-old bicycle,patting on his slightly wet jeans.His father, Shah Rukh laughed as he followed his annoyed son after doing the samewith his bicycle. 

It was their routine. 

Whenever Shah Rukh would find some free time, he would spend it with his kids. He even declared Aryan his best friend. And same goes for the little Aryan. 

His Baba!

His father was his world. His Superhero. His rock. His shield. His back. His most powerful supporter. He wanted nothing more, nothing less, but just his best friend by his side.

"It's not that bad." Shah Rukh said and ruffled his kid's hair. 

Aryan shook his head, his innocent hazel eyes peering up at the tar-dark sky that sometimes glowed as thunderstruck hard for an ephemeralglance over the drenched city. 

"It's not that bad?" His tone screamed disbelief as he removed thespectacles and dispelled the moist fogging them. 

"What's good about rain?Gross wet socks? Muddy puddles? Blur eyesight? Network problems andslippery roads? That surely says how fairy tale rain is!" He saidvehemently, sarcasm dripping off his tone as he looked around. 

He detested rain. Mumbai rains, always cause more trouble than it solves

"Rain can be fun too." Shah Rukh tried to defend.

"It's just rain. A season.Some people enjoy it, some don't." Shah Rukh chuckled slowly, but vividly. Hisvoice was laced with a metallic tone, rich and pleasantly warming.

"Exactly. And I belong to the latter. Rains are gross!" Aryan stated, sealing his declaration with a curt nod. 

Shah Rukh just laughed. He loved annoying him. His son's adorable expressions were top-notch.