|| Chapter 7 ||

the worst of loving someone is knowing that you might soon lose them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|| Aryan ||

" I'm your newly appointed secretary, Mr. Aryan Khan. " Inaaya spoke gazing straight into my eyes.

I just stared at her. I could not believe my ears and eyes.

In the morning, when I came into the office I expected my secretary to show up on time. Adish praised her, a lot to be precise. Thus, I assumed her to be not some slut or anything, but genuinely decent and smart. Well, because otherwise, Adish would not have been impressed. 

I glanced at my wristwatch and saw the time. She still did not show up! I fucking hate latecomers and people who are not punctual, in general. Hence, I was already pissed and ready to fire her. I was roaming in my cabin and trying to suppress my anger. That is when I heard the sound of the door. Except for Adish, Ahaan, and my family members, no one else can enter my cabin without my permission. 

Therefore, I turned around and saw Adish and Ahaan, standing there. Seeing Adish, I could not hold it back anymore and started to complain and rant about the girl, who was supposed to show up as my new secretary. That is when I heard someone clearing their throat, as I looked at the source it only provided me to receive the shock of my life.

What is she doing here?

Thus, when I asked her that what was she doing here, that too in my office? I saw my stupid friends cup their mouths in shock and stood there like monkeys. However, I for sure did not expect her to answer that she is my secretary! 

Like, what the actual fuck is going on right now?! How on earth can she be my secretary? If she was elected as one, then she would have told me last night or maybe in the morning itself! Well, for sure the Almighty is setting up ways to torture and punish me. Was not she staying in my house less, that now I would have to endure and see her in my office? Means, that too for 24/7! 

How the hell am I supposed to ignore Inaaya now?

" You are my, w--what? " I asked coming back to my senses. 

" Your Secretary, Mr. Khan. " Inaaya replied with the same cold expression.

" Adish! Ahaan! " I called them back to mother earth.

" How do you know, Ms. Angel who fell down from heaven? " Ahaan asked.

" Ahaan! Shut-up! " Adish and I screamed together.

 The temperature of the room is already too heated and awkward. Inaaya is already glaring at me with her eyes filled with anger, maybe due to the complaints, I had for her. I do not absolutely want her to now blow me off!

" How do you know Inaaya, Aryan? " Adish asked.

" Well, um she's Nani's best friend's granddaughter. The one who is supposed to stay with us. " I replied.

I heard their gasps, yet again. Dramatic fellas!

" Oh. I mean, that's cool I suppose. And Aryan, don't scold her she's late because of us, and for that, we sincerely apologize. " Adish explained and I just gave him a small nod in a positive manner.

" Uh. Inaaya, your cabin is adjacent next to mine. Please make yourself comfortable. I'll call you in a minute. " I said.

Hence, she replied with a small "okay" and moved out of the cabin. She smiled at Adish and Ahaan, before leaving the three of us in the room.

Why does she never smile at me?

Shaking my head and shrugging all the thoughts, I looked at my idiotic friends and they had their stupid mischievous grins on their faces. There we go again with the stupid teasings!

|| Inaaya ||

I entered my cabin like a tornado. How dare he calls me UNPROFESSIONAL?! I was simply a few minutes late because of his stupid friends and their flirting sessions. 

Stupid, Idiot, Moron, Jerk, Heartless! What does he even think of himself?

" He is such an -- " I struggled not figuring out the correct words to finish the sentence.

"Asshole" a voice came from behind.

" Exactly! He's an Asshole! " I completed and glanced behind.

I turned around just to see his friends standing next to my door. Stupid Inaayie! You are doomed!

However, to my surprise, they were rather in a joyful and cheerful mood. Both of them were grinning ear to ear.

" oh, hi. Well, I didn't actually mean to call Mr.Khan that you know? I don't have any grudges towards him or anything. " I struggled hard to resonate.

" Geez! Relax Inaayie and honestly, it was fun to see you giving new names to our dear friend. " Ahaan said with a chuckle.

" Well, Inaaya never mind Ahaan. We came here to tell you that Aryan is asking for you. So, I believe you must go and meet him, and yes I know he can be short-tempered, grumpy, and cranky sometimes; but I believe in you. " Adish said patting my head slightly.

Wow! That is amazing. He believes that I can control and tame down his stupid anger and other issues. Nevertheless, I nodded my head in a positive manner.

" I'll try to handle him, Adi. " I replied not knowing what will come in the near future. 

This sentence that I just uttered could bring me an enormous source of peace or just darkness. Do not ever underestimate the allure of darkness, because even the purest of hearts are drawn to it. Well, because I believe what's broken can be mended, what's hurt can be healed. No matter how dark it gets, the sun will rise again!

Hence, gathering up my courage I walked to his cabin. I gently knocked on the door and heard his deep husky voice.

" Come on in, Inaaya. " Aryan said.

Thus, I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a second. Then entering the cabin, I saw him immensely captivated and immerged in his work. That gave me a good couple of minutes to check him out. Nevertheless, to say, Aryan Khan looked very charming. He looked desirable and alluring in his black three-piece suit and perfectly gelled hair. I did not realize that I was literally ogling at him, and I came back to my senses when I heard him calling my name. 

" Wow, Inaaya! What a way to embarrass yourself! " I muttered beneath my breath.

I glanced up again and saw my boss looking right back at me. He had a very wicked smirk plastered upon his face. 

I just want this day to end! Oh shit, I have to face him back at home as well!!

Okay Bye <3

Do vote and comment <3