|| Chapter 10 ||

all the king's horses, all the king's men

couldn't put me together again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the dreadful "nightmare" Inaaya quickly changed into her PJs and kept roaming in her bedroom. She was famished, all the hard labor of the day really got to her both physically and mentally. However, she needed to go down to have dinner. If she was back in her home, she could have asked someone to get her the dinner in her room. Well, in here it would not look good to make such demands. 

She needed to go down, and face him. That was the problem!

As she entered the house, she spotted Nani reading her evening newspaper and she quickly walked up to her and laid her on Nani's lap. She then told her all the events which took place on her first day of office. It completely slipt out of her mind, that she was complaining about her grandson.

Therefore, now, Inaaya anticipates that she is in danger. That too a major one!

Hence, after slapping her head and uttering some curses to herself, she gathered her courage and went down. She cannot sleep with an empty stomach. Food is her priority. She could handle her boss's stern glare or his ranting about how ungrateful she is later.

Inaaya then came down and entered the dining area. She saw everyone seated in their respective seats. She greeted Nani, Ahaan, and Adish. She did not even bother to look at Aryan's way! She could feel his gaze on her skin.

Nani chiukled seeing the ever-talkative girl all silent. She very well understood her dilemma.

The dinner was a silent affair. Inaaya for the first time in her life thought that she was in someone's funeral, rather than in a home consuming a meal. Nani sensed the tension in the atmosphere and tried to break the ice. Therefore, she asked Inaaya about her grandmother (Dadi).

That was for it Inaaya, she immediately broke her silence and started to fill in all the details about her Dadi. Aryan was silently consuming his meals and staring right back at her. 

" Damn! What does she eat? She's a non-stop talking express! " Aryan muttered under his breath.

" Inaaya, don't you think that you talk very little? " Aryan asked with sarcasm dripped in his voice.

" Uffo! Aryan, even I think I talk very little nowadays. Even my friends say that all the time. I don't know, it's just that I don't feel like talking anymore. Sometimes, I feel like an Introvert and ----- " Inaaya was going on and on with the topic.

Aryan, Adish, and Ahaan looked at her dumbfounded. Adish and Ahaan were more interested and shocked at how easily she called him by his first name, and Aryan did not object. It was as if he had no problems with her calling him by his name. 

Aryan mentally face palmed himself for asking her such an absurd question. He thought maybe she will become quiet, but she just kept talking and eating at the same time. Multitasking flex!

" Adi, look at how Aryan is glaring at Inaayie! " Ahaan said.

Adish chuckled seeing Aryan. He was clearly annoyed and amused at the same time.

" Ow wow, he's smiling now. " Adish commented.

They looked at Aryan, who had an endearing and calm smile upon his face listening to Inaaya's college life stories. Her stupid and successful pranks, detention mischiefs, and trips. 

This was a sight they had been craving to see for the longest time. They had known Aryan Khan for the longest time. They finished their school, college, university altogether. Never had they ever seen him so delighted.

" Now I understood why you wanted Inaaya to be his secretary. " Ahaan said with a small smile.

" Trust me Ahaan, when I first met Inaaya the only thought I had was that she's perfect for our Aryan. He needs someone like her, she's full of life. I knew she would be able to bring a smile to his face. Call me selfish for only thinking about my friends, but I will do whatever it takes for him to be happy. Aryan's been through a lot. I won't let him suffer anymore. I want him to settle and be happy. " Adish said looking at Ahaan.

" True. Look at him, I've never seen Aryan this content after that day. It was as if his life changed in a flash. " Ahaan said.

Aryan looked at her, no one can say she was the same girl who ran like a kitten to her room earlier when she saw him. She took her own time to come down in fear of him, and now it is as if she has forgotten all of it and talking like nothing happened. Also, she dares to cut him off every time, and yet he could not stop her or scold her. Aryan was sure if it was not for Inaaya, and someone else in her place then he would have thrown that person out of his office and house. He is like that. Love it or hate it.

Nani glanced at her grandson, who was clearly pretending to show his irritation and annoyance; but actually listening to all her stories. All of them controlled their laughs when Inaaya glared at Aryan as he was about to interrupt her.

She was the light to his dark world.

Long time no see. Hey!

Bye<3

Time to go and hibernate again.