|| Chapter 23 ||

time heals everything, eventually. 

~~~~~~x~~~~~~

" I promise. " Aryan whispered and leaned down. 

He planted a quick kiss on her forehead, not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable. 

There was a sudden rush of excruciating rage that he felt, as Inaaya wept in his chest. The overflowing pain and sadness were evident in her voice. He held Inaaya's fragile frame in his arms, as she cried her heart out.

Aryan wanted to protect her. He wanted to hide her away from this cruel world. She did not deserve this, not one bit.

He did not know what to name this emotion. I certainly not. 

Love? No!

He does not do that. 

He wanted to pass all these emotions like a movie montage. A frail hand turning the page, a pale shadow casting against the washed-out wall, a clock ticking in the silence of an almost empty room.

Today was hell for him. Not physically, but rather emotionally. He felt all sorts of feelings and weird sentiments as he got to know about their relationship, their past. His notorious behavior and her hurt. 

She did not deserve that. She was as delicate as a flower and strong as its thorns. 

Sometimes, he wanted to bury his fondness for her behind the Moon and blame it on the Stars. Sometimes he cursed the day they met, so he would not have to deal with all the affection and warmth his heart was craving.

He hated that he loved this feeling.

On the other hand, Inaaya felt utmost safe and secure in his arms. They were as if the home she could always return to. She kept her eyes shut, trying to live this moment. It was as if she could have never wanted anything more than this moment. 

It was one of those feelings when the air turns cold again and she could hold close to these sentiments and regain her courage to defend herself. Fight back for herself. 

" Okay, did you eat anything? " Aryan asked with a rather gentle tone.

" U-um no. Not really. " She replied looking down at my hands.

"Let us get you something to eat, shall we? " Aryan asked and held her hands.

He then escorted me to the kitchen. She stood near the pillar observing his actions. He pulled up the sleeves of the shirt up to his elbows and fetched an apron from the cupboard. He then glanced in her direction. 

 " What? What are you staring at? " Aryan asked.

" Nothing. " She nodded my head negative.

After that incident, he started appearing too sweet. But, why would he be sweet to her? She's nothing but a mere secretary. She has her two years of contact, and after two years she was planning to move out and start her own Accountancy Firm. And it's not like they share some 'friendship' or have known each other earlier. It just never made any sense to Inaaya.

Also, she was very well aware that he and she were never possible. Yes, she came from a well-to-do family, but both of them were from a different class of society. He truly was as they would say 'born with a diamond spoon'. 

All these thoughts would thoroughly circulate in her mind, thousand times a day.

" Sit. " Aryan's voice brought her back.

" Huh? " Inaaya's confused reaction came on as a reflex.

" What-what are you do--doing? " She stuttered as he held her by her hips and helped her sit on the kitchen stab.

It was just like the other night. But, the only difference is that she remained silent this time. Too silent precisely. 

" You better know that it's absurd having you being all quiet. Making me feel kinda nauseous. " Aryan said with an accent and making a face, as he fetched a packet of required spices.

A small chuckle left Inaaya's mouth. 

Is he trynna crack a joke? Or being funny? 

Inaaya thought in her mind. 

" I was trying to be funny. " Aryan said looking at her with a 'fake' angry expression, which made him look rather cute. 

" Shit! Was I thinking too loud?! " Inaaya but her tongue slightly. 

" Just speak about anything, let it all out. " Aryan said.

" Anything? You wouldn't judge? " Inaaya asked with a small smile.

He nodded. He just wanted her to speak, let it out. Through words, tears, shouting, literally anything. 

" Well, what I'm thinking about right now is Unicorns! " Inaaya exclaimed.

" Unicorns? " Aryan looked at her all confused.

" Yeah! I remember when I was a child and firmly believed that Unicrons existed, and I would readily argue with anyone who would tell me otherwise. But, as an adult, I've realized that whether or not they ever physically existed isn't really important. Because, they exist in this world through our Art, Ideas, and Stories. " Inaaya spoke with a sparkle in her eyes. 

Aryan stared at her the whole time, as she spoke about her love of Unicorns. It was as if even for a small moment they were back to normal. Things were back to normal.

" Woah! I never thought about Unicorns in such a manner. Thanks for letting me know. If only you could've paid the same amount of concentration and observation in your work as well. " Aryan scoffed teasingly seasoning the chicken.

" Aye! I do my job perfectly. You can't just barge in and ask me to change the formats in the end, if you wanted something else then you should've said it earlier. " Inaaya argued regarding their ongoing projects.

Aryan smiled and occasionally glanced at her. 

|| Suhana ||

I pulled up my hair in a high bun as I finished applying the body lotion. Feeling thirsty I reached out for my jug, but it was empty. The water bottles in my personal refrigerator were empty as well. Thus, I decided to get some water from downstairs. 

I walked downstairs and was welcomed with a rather intriguing scene. My freaking brother was making some dinner and talking freely, like don't get me wrong but he is the rather intimidating and introverted kind of personality. It takes a lot for him to open up. I mean he was obviously not always like that, but situations and circumstances do change people, a lot.

I leaned over the wall slightly and heard them speaking. Okay, don't get me wrong, I'm not a stalker, not a regular eavesdropper; I just didn't want to interrupt their little cute moment.

Good thing that the kitchen was on another side of the wall, so they could not see me. 

Also what? They're talking about freaking Unicorns? Stupidly-cute! Huh!

Okay! Now they're fighting regarding some official works. 

Whatever, all I have to say is that I've found my new mission and I'm super excited!!

Mission Aryan-Inaaya On!

Hello! What's up? You all alive?