|| Chapter 20 ||

20 years at your job,
then the son of the boss gets the spot that was yours.

 ~~~~~~x~~~~~~

|| Aryan ||

To say I was surprised was an understatement. Holding a shaking Inaaya in my arms, all I could think about is what scared her so much that she is having a panic attack.

"Inaaya breathe, okay? You're safe now. You have me." I kept on soothing her, caressing her hair as she hugged me for dear life. 

 "Aryan" Inaaya whispered, as her legs gave out and her head fell back and she went limp in my arms.

My heart stopped. 

"Inaaya, Inaaya keep your eyes open. Hey, look at me. Inaayie?" I patted her cheeks trying my best to wake her up. 

" Inaaya! This is not funny! Look at me. " I tried once again. 

Her forehead glistened with sweat as she mumbled some incoherent words that I couldn't make out. I immediately scooped her in my arms and headed straight out of the banquet. For a moment, everyone in the ball went silent, watching us with utter curiosity and astonishment as I made my way out of the banquet and into my car. I know there were pictures taken of the two of us but I couldn't care less. For now, the only thing that deserved my attention is Inaaya. My Inaayie. 

"Call our family doctor and ask her to be at the mansion by the time we get there" I ordered my driver as he started the car. 

I settled Inaaya in the backseat with her head on my lap as I anxiously combed my fingers through her hair. What scared her so much to the point that she passed out due to a panic attack? A million questions swirled in my head and that is when I saw it.

 A huge bruise in the shape of five fingers forming on her arm. Did someone touch her? 

My blood was boiling with just the thought of someone even thinking of hurting her. If that's the case then the person won't live to see another day.

I fished my phone out of my pocket and dialed a number.

"I want a list of all the people who were present in today's charity ball" I growl

I swear I will rip that person apart, limb from limb when I get my hands on him. Soon we pulled in front of the Khan residence and I got out, carefully carrying Inaaya in my arms. As soon as I entered, Nani, Suhana, and Abram all crowded around me demanding to know what happened to Inaaya. I hurriedly carried her up to her room and laid her on the bed. Our family doctor, Dr. Jones was already there and she immediately got to work.

Nani was already crying and Suhana was trying to calm her down. 

"What the hell happened to Inaayie, Bhai?" Suhana spoke as she sat Nani down on the couch.

 If only I knew what had happened then I could have protected Inaaya. This is what I fear the most. Not being able to protect the people that I love.

Love? No, I don't love her. I can't love her. Aryan Khan doesn't love. What is wrong with me?I was lost in my own thoughts when Nani's voice brought me back from my reverie. 

"What happened, Aryan? Tell me."

 I looked at her and shook my head. 

"I don't know Nani. She went to the washroom and when she didn't come back after a while, I went to look for her. That's when I found her like this. All disheveled and scared" I replied looking down. 

I have to know what triggered Inaaya like that. There is no way I am letting that bastard go, who did this to her. Unknowingly my fists tightened as I tried to control my anger. 

 "Mr. Khan?" Dr. Jones spoke walking over to me. 

"How is she, doctor? Why is she not waking up?" I questioned urging her to speak further.

 "Ms. Malik had a severe panic attack. Something must have scared her immensely. Her blood pressure is quite low as well. She will be fine once she rests for a while." Dr. Jones spoke as I looked at Inaaya sleeping peacefully on her bed.

I thanked Dr. Jones as she left. Nani sat beside Inaaya's bed and kissed her forehead affectionately.

 "It's late Nani, you should go get some sleep as well." I told her making her look up at me. 

 "Don't worry Nani, Bhai can stay with Inaaya. He can protect her." Suhana said looking up at me and smirking, knowing very well what she did there. 

 Nani slowly nodded her head and caressed Inaaya's hair one last time.

 "I will call her Dadi tomorrow and inform her about what happened today. Aryan, take care of Inaayie okay?" Nani said getting up from the bed.

And with that Nani along with Suhana and Abram left the room.I sighed looking at Inaaya one last time, before quickly going to my room for a quick shower.

Changing into a t-shirt and some track pants, I made my way back to Inaaya's room to see her still asleep. I made my way to the couch and laid down on it scrolling through my iPad. But no amount of work can take that image of a scared and disheveled Inaaya out of my head.

My attention quickly shifted towards Inaaya when I heard her shuffle on the bed. I got up and sat next to her sleeping figure. She was mumbling something in her sleep and shifting around as if she was having a nightmare.

"Aryan" she breathed my name out making me widen my eyes. 

"Inaaya? Hey, I'm right here. Don't worry you're safe now, you're home." I spoke softly trying to soothe her. 

She mumbled something in her sleep and turned towards me, hugging my arm and snuggling into the pillow. Not wanting to wake her up, I slowly adjusted myself and sat there next to her on the bed, as Inaaya slept hugging my arm. I don't know when I fell asleep as well but for the first time in so many years, I had the most peaceful sleep of my life.

Because when I say I love my readers? I mean it! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Thank you so much Nataliewriteeees  <3 <3

Thank you for helping me out, during these stressful times. I don't know how to thank you more, but I'm truly grateful <3 <3 <3

So, here is the big surprise guys! Natalie is helping me out finishing this story. I'm just mentally and emotionally too drained with all the studies, work, and now this thing that happened with our boy. Therefore, she like an angel provided me a helping hand. 

Please do check out her account, and support her work!!

OK BYE!