|| Chapter 5 ||

and sometimes we feel homesick,

not for a place but for a person.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inaaya arrived at the dining area and took a seat beside Nani's chair. Nani was nowhere to be found since she went to use the washroom. However, all this while Inaaya could feel the burning gaze. It was intense as if she would literally meltdown under that gaze. Thus, she turned her head and saw her "would-be boss" staring right back at her. The stare was as if he could see right through her soul. 

She cleared her throat, which brought Aryan back from his daydream. Then the next moment his face held no expression. His facial expressions were back to being poker. However, God! The Almighty did take a very precious and generous amount of time while creating him. With that sharp jawline, tan complexion, hazel-brown eyes, and puffed-up gorgeous dark brown hair; Aryan Khan looked endearing. Moreover, he was wearing a white body fit t-shirt, and his wide shoulders and well-built body were clearly visible. Somebody clearly spends a lot of time in the gym!

Soon they noticed Nani entering the dining area and they smiled at her.

" Finally, both of you showed up. Inaaya, look I asked the maids to prepare your favorite dish. " Nani said while serving her some delicious mutton curry on a plate.

" That's so sweet of you Nani. But, I honestly would've eaten anything. You do not have to do all this! " Inaaya expressed feeling a bit embarrassed.

" Oh just shut up already. There's no trouble in it, I know it would be difficult for you to adjust and I wanted to make you feel at home. Stop being so formal. You are family! " Nani scolded her.

" Aha, I love you Naaaaniiii! " Inaaya said in a dramatic way while giving a sweet flying kiss to her.

All this while Aryan was staring at her antics with amusement filled in his eyes. Inaaya then glanced at Aryan and suddenly felt embarrassed, thus she quickly looked down at the food placed in front of her. Nani chuckled noticing the scene, and Aryan just shook his head but smiled internally at her super cute antics. He had to admit, she was lovable. Extremely pure and fascinating. Just like a Kitten.

A servant then came and served them the other dishes. Usually, The Khan Residence dining hall was always silent. No one talked during consuming their meals. It was just like the '60s or '70s black and white movies. Aryan would always be on his i-pad, checking the emails, news, reports, and other stuff. Suhana and Abram would be on their smartphones endlessly scrolling through social media sites, chatting with friends, and playing games. On the other hand, Nani would often read the newspaper or just quietly consume her meal and look at her grandkids. Moreover, her grandkids would occasionally have the time to eat a meal together, especially with her. Therefore, on those days she would just have her lunch or dinner in her bedroom.

However, today the atmosphere of the dining hall; especially the whole house was different. Well, because our heroine cannot sit for even a minute without talking. Aryan felt Inaaya very talkative. During the whole dinner, he thought to himself that doesn't her mouth pains? He had never encountered such "talking express" in his entire 29 years of existence. Moreover, he was even surprised seeing his Nani's expressions and talkative nature. He never knew that she was this talkative and suddenly he felt like a third wheel between the two women. He felt as if Inaaya held some magnetic force within her, attracting everything and everyone to herself. 

" Inaaya. " Aryan's tongue rolled out her name in a low voice.

Suddenly, then Inaaya's eyes fell upon him, and their eyes met with each other. Both of them could easily feel the rising tension of the moment and thus, they quickly adverted the burning gaze. After finishing her dinner, Inaaya quickly wished Nani and Aryan "good-night" and left the dining area. Since, the next day was her first day at the office. Hence, she did not want to be late and then be embarrassed. Moreover, what surprised her that Aryan did wish her back "good-night" and gave a slight nod in a positive manner. Then, coming back to the room Inaaya went straight to the closet area and picked out a suitable outfit for the following day. Therefore, she picked out the favored shoes and accessories and laid them out on the couch nearby. Thus, she finally fell on the bed, switched off the lights, set an alarm on her phone, and went back to her precious sleep.

~ Next Morning ~

Inaaya woke up due to her alarm and checked the timing.

06:45 a.m. the cell phone notified.

She then sighed, as she was not ever a morning person. Waking up in the morning is like the most torturous thing for her. However, she has to do it; she has to set the records straight that she deserves the job and the position in the company. When Adish, Aryan's best friend took her interview; he did let her know about Aryan's obsession with punctuality, cleanliness, and efficiency. Moreover, his temperamental and trust issues were like the cherry on the top, and a hot gossip topic for the entire corporate world. Therefore, Inaaya did not want to make any sort of mistakes. Moreover, she knew that she had to face him living in the same house as well. 

Therefore, Inaaya got up from bed and went to the washroom. She then got out her Yoga mat and did some Yoga and Meditation for twenty minutes, she for sure needed it for the long day ahead. After a while, she went back to the washroom and took a long warm bath. She rubbed all the dead skins, sweat, toxins and massaged her scalp with some scented shampoo and conditioner. Hence, she got out and changed into the outfit she picked out the night before. Inaaya then blowdried her hair and did slight makeup as she was never a fan of heavy makeup; she liked showing the texture of her skin. She then packed up the essentials needed for the day in her bag and left the room, in order to meet Nani.

Inaaya then got downstairs and entered the dining area, only to see Nani drinking her tea and reading the newspaper. Thus, she walked to her and gave a sweet kiss on her cheek.

" A very good morning to you! " Inaaya spoke while giving a bright smile.

" Morning Shona, come and sit down. Have your breakfast, you would not leave the house before eating something. Also, I've informed the driver and he'll take you to the office on time. No argument on this, Inaaya. You're new in the city. " Nani told her in a strict tone. Inaaya nodded understanding.

Nani was partially scared. She saw it all, well in other words lived it. She was there the day her grandkid's lost their parents. She was there the day the Russian Gang slaughtered half of their people, their kinds. Shah Rukh and Gauri could have easily run away, but they fought back and at last, lost their lives. Gauri Khan just requested and begged her to take the kids and go somewhere else, to a safer place. She saw and lived all the happy, sad, and ugly moments. Hence, now, that Inaaya being in their house was bringing a ray of hope and happiness in their lives; she wanted to protect her. Therefore, they then had their breakfast. Nani told her about the current news printed in the newspaper and soon it was the time to leave for the office. Therefore, Inaaya bid bye to Nani and left taking her blessings. Aryan already left for the office as he had an early morning international conference call, with the Japanese delegates. Hence, this bothered Inaaya and made her worry. For sure she did not want to have a bad impression on the first day itself!

~ Skip the time required to drive to the Main Headquarters ~

It was 8:36 a.m. by the time Inaaya reached the Khan Group of Industries. She then got down of the car and was awestruck by the headquarter building. It was marvelous. Certainly, Aryan Shah Rukh Khan held a good taste, she thought to herself. As far she knows, or the whole world knows after the sudden death of his parents, their family was devastated. Aryan had to then take a hold of the business, even though he was just a normal high-school kid. Their empire was falling. Revenue was decreasing, the efficiency of the workers was decreasing, there was no one willing enough to take the responsibility of such a vast and wide business. Therefore, he tackled it all alone. He held the business and the reputation of their family and continued his studies as well. He wanted to become more educated and gain knowledge. He always disliked how people would judge and taunt him only because he held a heavy and powerful surname. Hence, Aryan had to build it all alone, by himself. It was his blood, sweat, and tears.

Ok bye <3

Do vote and comment.