|| Chapter 14 ||

Life's a party. Either enjoy it or let it go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aryan looked around coming out of his cabin. 

Where on earth was that woman now?

He took the elevator and got down from his floor. He walked around the corridor, the employees were immensely focused on their works. Or maybe they were just world-class actors. He chuckled noticing their tensed facial expressions seeing him.

" Morning Sir. " Bella greeted him with a smile.

He nodded acknowledging it.

" Where the hell is she? " Aryan asked.

Bella gave him a blank expression. Inaaya was never late.

" I will call her right away! " Bella dialed Inaaya's number.

Aryan stood going through his phone's notifications. He walked a bit ahead and stood against the open window glancing down momentarily. Yes! He was worried. He knew Inaaya as a super energetic ball and someone who was not afraid or timid of the workload. 

Did my coffee gave her food poisoning or what?

Aryan thought to himself. He had not seen or heard from her from the morning. Most of the days they would have their breakfast together. However, today only he and his grandmother were there during breakfast time. He did not say anything during that time because he knew they were up late talking, the previous night. Moreover, like him, not everyone struggles with Insomnia. Normal people sleep at night.

He thought of calling his grandmother but was hesitant by the idea. He knew then he would have to deal with a lot of teasings. Letting out a sigh, he turned his gaze back inside to see her walking, no running towards Bella's desk. She was dressed in a simple black dress. A boat-neck black dress that hugged her figure decent enough. No curves were intensely highlighted, but her form was highlighted. The dress stopped right up to her knees. She wore minimal accessories and pointy black heels, to finish the look.

Aryan's eyes traveled up. She would always keep her hair up in a high bun or neatly tie it during work. Even at home, the long dark brown tendrils would always be braided or kept in a messy bun. However, today she let it down. The long dark-brown tresses were left down. His eyes caught up her hand going up and tucking it behind her ear. She looked absolutely beautiful. 

" Inaayiee! Where were you? Sir has been looking for you! " Bella exclaimed.

Aryan blinked coming out of his daze, hearing their voices. He then walked up to them.

" Bella, I need to meet the Prosecution Officers tomorrow. Set a meeting. " Aryan spoke. 

" And you! Let's go. " Aryan said turning towards Inaaya.

Saying this he walked ahead without even bothering to notice if Inaaya was coming or not. On the other hand, Inaaya mouthed a quick "bye" to Bella and followed behind Aryan. She entered the personal elevator, and there their eyes met. 

She immediately stepped away from him, standing at the end. Aryan looked at her in amusement. He kind of enjoyed how nervous and startled she would get around him. Therefore, just for the fun of it, he stepped aside and stepped a bit closer to her. Immediately noticing him stepping closer to him, Inaaya grasped holding her hand bang tightly. 

Inaaya looked at him in confusion. It was a big elevator, which could easily fit at least fifteen people. 

Why was he leaning towards me?

Inaaya thought and looked back at him. The moment her eyes stared right back at him, he felt the old forgotten feeling in his heart. He controlled himself and looked at the closing doors. His fingers rolled into a tight fist. 

Was he slipping again?

Aryan had always found Inaaya attractive from the start. She was lovable but still a mystery. He tried to stay away from her, as much as possible. However, now that she was always so close and around him, the feelings were growing. He shook his head and walked ahead, lost in his own thoughts knowing that she would follow up behind anyway.

As they sat inside the confined space of the back seat of Aryan's SUV, he looked at her. Those lips he wanted to feel. Those hands he wanted to hold. That body he desired. 

Turning the opposite way, Aryan rolled down the window. It was quite unlike him. He felt a pang in his heart. The same one that he had pulled all sorts of efforts to become immune to.

Aryan then took out his phone from his blazer's pocket. His fingers typed quickly. He did not turn around to see that whether Inaaya looked his way or not. His anger was growing.

On the other hand, Inaaya sat down quietly playing with her bracelet. She had got quite used to being in that small place in his car, with him. She had glanced at him a few times in the last ten minutes. To her, he seemed to zone out. For the first time, she saw something similar to restlessness in his ever-poised manner. 

They had not spoken a word to each other related to the previous night. To be honest, the conversation they had the night before made her think that maybe he is not the same person he pretends to be. She started the game to tease him a bit, but it made him vulnerable in the end. 

" Aryan--I mean Sir, these are the updates of the meetings and deals. " Inaaya said. 

After debating whether she would or she should not, in her head. She finally spoke out loud. Hoping to break down the ice. Aryan glanced at her sharply and snatched the i-pad from her hand. Thus, five minutes later the car came to halt. 

Inaaya looked around and saw they were outside The Khan Residence. 

Weren't we supposed to go for a meeting? Today is a hectic day after all. Why are we ho--home?

Inaaya thought to herself. It was 12:23 p.m. and they had a lunch meeting with the foreign delegates.

" Your day ends here. " Aryan said with his eyes fixed on the i-pad.

Inaaya looked back at him in utter confusion. He did not even glance at her.

" What? But why? " Inaaya asked.

" I have a meeting to be at, Inaaya. You have the day off. " Aryan spoke.

Inaaya was extremely confused at the sudden changes in plan. However, his tone gave her the hint that it was best not to ask for an explanation. Thus, she got out and the car pulled away quickly. She stared at the faded vision of the Black SUV. Soon it disappeared from her line of sight.

Inaaya then walked inside the house. Nani was taking a short nap, thus she quietly made her way up to her room. She threw her bag on the sofa and jumped on the soft bed. 

What a confusing end to a day.

Inaaya thought. She was sure in the morning that today she would get either fired or receive a whole lot of lectures from her boss about time management. None of that happened. Weird! 

She was also ready to hear taunts and receive glarings from him. None of that happened, as well. Super Weird! 

Hi. I'm back! 

Stay safe and be happy.

Love you all <3