|| Chapter 13 ||

you will be okay, soon. 

it will be all fine, just believe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aryan then kept his hand on the door handle. He sighed and slowly opened the door. He entered the room and expected Inaaya to be deep asleep. However, she saw was not there on the bed. She was on a swing on the balcony, reading a book. 

He just stood there and noticed her. She looked adorable in her pajama set. It was in the color lavender, it was a two set-piece containing a top and shorts. She had her hair braided from one side, and was immensely concentrated in the book. Aryan noticed her glasses. She looked cute in them, she never wore them for office. Maybe, she would wear lenses then.

He walked up to her and cleared his throat. It gained Inaaya's attention.

" Sorry, I didn't knock on the door. I thought you were asleep. I just checked on Nani and thought of checking on you as well. " Aryan reasoned.

" Oh, it's fine. I was not sleepy so thought of reading a book and make myself tired. " Inaaya said.

" You? " Inaaya asked again.

" Same. I just went out for a walk. " Aryan replied with a small smile.

" Would you like to have some coffee? " Aryan asked.

He was himself stunned at his choice of words. He was never the friendly or the cheerful type. However, today he wanted to talk to someone. 

" What? Uh, okay. I'm not sleepy anyway! " Inaaya said and got down from the swing.

She for sure wanted some coffee or tea but did not want to disturb anyone or create a hassle. Moreover, having some coffee with her boss is not the worst thing in the world. Or is it?

They then head to the kitchen, downstairs. Inaaya sat on the kitchen slab as Aryan made some coffee for both of them. He was focused on making the coffee, and she took her time to check him out. 

He looked much more than just "going out for a walk". He was dressed in formal black checked pants and a grey t-shirt. His hair was rather messed up now, as of he went on a war, killed a few bad guys or something.

" Stop checking me out, Inaaya. " Aryan spoke as he poured the drinks in two mugs.

" I'm not! Shut up, I'm not. " Inaaya defended herself right away.

" Yeah, right. " Aryan said and passed a mug to her.

" So boss, where did you go huh? Went to meet your girlfriend or what? Is she pretty? " Inaaya asked taking the mug from his hand and smiled at the smell of the coffee. 

Aryan shook his head at her antics. 

" I don't have a girlfriend. I said, I went out for a walk. " Aryan replied.

He then asked Inaaya to scoot over a bit and made himself comfortable in the kitchen slab.

" Let's play twenty questions or something like that. I'll ask you a question or a word, and you have to say the first thing that comes to your mind. I can't stay quiet forever! " Inaaya said and took a sip of her drink.

" Cool. Go ahead. " Aryan said back.

~ The games starts ~

" Okay, so favorite color? " Inaaya asked.

" Black/Blue. " Aryan replied.