|| Chapter 18 ||

your hand touching mine.

this is how the galaxies collide.

~~~~~~x~~~~~~

It was always the same. Every single occasion like this kind of made Aryan restless and uneasy. For because his parent's demise was during one of the charity ball rights.

He then took a deep breath and glanced at Inaaya on his left. 

For Aryan, never he has ever seen someone looking as beautiful and breathtaking in a maroon dress as Inaaya looks in hers, at this precise moment. That slit that runs down her right leg looked sexy, yet so elegant at the same time. There was a captivating spark about her. Something utterly, Alluring!

He then looked around the venue and noticed a few men staring at her, and then glancing at him. Well, probably jealous of the fact that she had attended the ball as his better half. 

My better half?! What the hell?!

Aryan thought. His chain of thoughts was soon broken by Inaaya calling out his name.

" It's all so glamorous! " Inaaya exclaimed gaining his attention.

" That's for sure. But, it's corrupted as well. " Aryan curtly replied.

" Leave that. What drink would you like? " Aryan asked as we walked over to the bar area.

" Soft drink, please. I'm not in the mood to drink tonight. " Inaaya replied.

He nodded. He then ordered a coca-cola for her and a beer himself. Soon the bartender gave them their drinks. Aryan passed Inaaya her glass and took a sip of his beer. 

A while later Mr. Woods one of his contemporaries and ally came towards the duo. He was accompanied by his wife. He looked at Aryan with an amused expression. For because he had known Aryan Khan from the start. 

He very well knew his father. Their companies partnered upon many projects. He saw how Aryan took over the company after the demise of his parents. 

" Glad to see you here, young man. " Mr. Woods said and gave him a formal hug.

" Glad to see you as well. Hope you're taking care of yourself. " Aryan replied with a small smile.

Inaaya looked and smiled to herself as she saw Aryan fake mingling with the other business associates and politicians. It was as if he is already well aware of all lines and dialogues he has to say. 

She then looked around the room and saw every personality present there just tried to present their best versions. All of them tried to hide their flaws and imperfections. It all seemed so hoaxed.

No wonder she could never match up with any of them. She tried to stay true to herself and everyone, most of the time. She glanced back at her glass and played with the straw. 

" Hi! I guess you're new here. I'm Charlotte.  " A charming girl introduced herself.

Inaaya looked at her. Fiar skin, long blonde straight hair, perfect hair & makeup, high stilettos, and a marvelous blue gown. She looked like a Disney princess.

" Hey! I'm Inaaya. " Inaaya replied shaking hands with her.

" Sorry, if I'm bothering you. I'm new here as well. I've come here with Ms. Britney. I'm her secretary. " Charlotte said.

" Oh yes, I know Ms. Britney; I mean everyone in the business world knows her. I've come here with Aryan Khan. You see girl, I'm his secretary. " Inaaya replied smiling.