|| Chapter 16 ||

you're more than just a Friday night.

~~~~~~x~~~~~~

The weather was weirdly gloomy that day. It was downpouring from the morning.

Inaaya sat back on her chair in the cabin and sighed. Too much work! Too many deals and meetings!

But, all she had learned in these 24 years of existence is that no matter what happens in life, or bad it seems today; life goes on.

And it will be better tomorrow. She truly hopes so!

Well, she was late today, again! It was his siblings' fault although. They kept talking about various things and watched movies, around 4 a.m. in the morning. The house finally felt like home. 

In the morning, around 11 a.m. she finally got ready and slowly made her way downstairs. She was nervous. There began all her concerns, she was never nervous around him. She was herself just as she was. She was never pretense. Thus, varied thoughts were shot like bullets across her mind.

Do I look okay? 

Does my face reflect my confusion and worries? 

Am I okay?

Shrugging all the thoughts, she made her way to the dining table. Everyone was already present there. Suhana, Abram, Nani, Ahaan, and Adish as well. They arrived in the morning to meet the siblings' duo.

She smiled and wished them a quick "Good Morning". She then looked at the eight-seater dining table. Aryan and Nani took the head chairs of each end. Adish and Ahaan took the left side from Aryan's end, whereas Suhana and Abram took the right side. There were two seats left available, one beside Adish and one beside Suhana. 

She made her mind to sit beside Adish since it was the farthest from her boss's seat. However, before she could sit there, Adish kept both his and Ahaan's office bags on that seat.

" Sorry, Inaaya. They contain some important documents, plus the bags are quite heavy. Would you mind seating next to Suhana? " Adish asked in the most polite way possible.

" Inaayie! Come here. " Suhana said.

" Yeah. " Inaaya answered not knowing what to say exactly.

She then walked over there and sat beside Suhana. She glanced at her left and looked at him, he sure did look charming in the Brunello Cucinelli suit. It was a dark blue suit with a crisp white shirt. There was no tie and the shirt was kept unbuttoned until his chest area, letting out a few beauty peeks out for the world to see. His eyes as always held a mystery behind them that she was sure, she would never be able to unravel. 

This whole time Aryan was pretending to read articles on his i-pad, but his eyes were stuck on her. He noticed her every motion. Every time she tucked her hair behind or when she became kind of nervous. 

Why nervous? 

He thought for a moment. He then came to the conclusion that maybe she thought he would fire her, because of the last day's incident when she arrived at the office late. Although it was not her fault, it was his emotions. He needed to get away from her at that moment. Therefore, he told her to go home and that she has the day off.

They then had their breakfast conversing about various topics and trends. Soon it was time for them to leave for office. 

" Bhai! Inaaya can go to the office with you, right? " Suhana asked making them stop in their tracks.