39

Felix

Vehicles from both agencies came to properly dismiss the pseudo god.

I sat with Claire in the vehicle that Minho was driving. Jeongin was rushed to the hospital with Seungmin and Hyunjin accompanying him inside the ambulance. Chan didn't come to see us as he was being dragged by the HYBE's seniors to assist them in the investigation. Minho was busy aiding the vampires since he was the only available warlock who can do healing magic.

I turned to Claire as her eyes slowly dropped but forced them to stay open. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her body a little close. "Rest please. You had too much to witness." I told her softly. She looked up at me with sullen eyes from crying. She was terrified. I felt anger that I couldn't do anything to save her right away. "It was too much that it happened to us. Jeongin." She buried her face onto my shoulder.

"I'm sure Jeongin will be alright, he's a fighter."

"He is." She mumbles as she adjusts herself around the blanket and embraced me tightly. I could feel my ears burning. "I have something to tell you.." She mumbles on my shoulder.

"Claire, I know you have a lot to tell me but you're too tired right now and it's best for you to rest for now. I promise, I'll listen to you all night." I petted her head as she nodded. It was a warm sight but also it gave me worries. "Felix, you look bothered." Claire laced her fingers around mine.

"Jeongin's lying unconsciously and you almost got yourself killed. How could I not be bothered?"

"I'm thankful you came anyway." Her words were becoming close to whispers. "You owe me a date, right?"

I let out a chuckle which made her flustered. To be honest, I've been wanting to laugh for awhile since the situation has been lighter. She glared at me, how cute. "Yes, I did not forget Claire." my hand caressed the back of her head. Running my fingers through her dark brown hair as she looked at me with her eyes slowly closing. I love you so much.

Her head leaned forward which caught me off guard. I could feel her short breaths around my chin. She pushed a little further as I felt something soft on my lips. It was quick and she moved away with cheeky smile before passing out on my shoulder. I bat my eyes repeated before covering my mouth. She did what.

"Come on, dude." Minho stood outside of the door, snickering. "You are getting la-"

"Stop right there." I halted him from saying those words. I'm too decent to think about that and probably Claire doesn't even want it. The orange haired male went inside and started the engine of the car. "I just hope you didn't wet the car seats." He jokingly says. Changbin came inside and was baffled of what is happening but judging how Minho glanced at him. He got the idea and glanced at me with teasing grin.

"Hyung!" My face was flushed. It's not even appropriate to say in a workplace.

--

Chan tucked her in her bed after the doctor said that it was nothing serious. "You look wasted than me." He jokes as he notices my dark circles.

"Oh, I was busy reading records to where the two could have been." I spent my time mostly in the office and library for possible answers.

"I appreciate the efforts Felix."

"I was going to take your sister on a date."

Chan's face darkened. "You were going to?" He repeatedly asks as he closes her door behind his back. I nodded and gulped silently. Am I going to get out safely here? Chan can get protective around his family. "You could have told me."

What.

"I mean I am right now." I raised an eyebrow. "No, no I meant.. your feelings. I've known you for long and those denied feelings for sister.. I know that very well." He says.

"What was that threatening line you said to me at Na Hospital?!"

"I did? If I did say something, it was for your protection." Chan looked away as if he was hiding something. I squinted at him. "Just return her before 11pm, okay?" With that said, he left me alone in hallway. Did he just give me his permission? Oh my-

THUD! A loud noise came from her room. I quickly opened the door to see if she fallen from bed. Please forgive me but I burst into laughter as soon I saw her on ground face front. I helped her up and let her sit on bed properly. "You got a bruise." I went to touch it but she slapped my hand away. "You shouldn't have laugh." She growled.

"I'm sorry Clay but who would even fall from the bed face front like that?"

She frowned and averted her gaze. "I'll go get some ice." I said politely then left the room. Chan was on his laptop by the kitchen counter. "What happened?" The older asks. "Your sister fell on the floor but don't worry it's not serious." I said while preparing the ice pack. The older brother chuckled as he shook his head. "Claire."

I came back with an ice pack as she just remained in the same position from before. I sat on the bed beside her. "15 minutes." I mumbled to myself as I gentle placed the pack on the right temple. She winced softly causing her to flinch. "You did this to yourself." I said.

"Whatever."

"Clay."

"It's been years since you called me that." Her expression softens. "Yongbok.."

"I know." I nodded. It's true this has been the first time in many years I called her by that nickname. "I thought.. I could use that again."

"You can silly." She chuckles. "I mean we grew up with each other."

I inhaled and exhaled then I nodded my head. I set down the ice pack and puts it by the nightstand. "Clay, I thought it would be awkward." I was trying to find words before I get nervous again. She scooted closer to me with bright smile, "I wanted you to call me by that name."

That made me happy.

My palm touched her cheek, "I'm glad you are safe." I slowly brushed my thumb against her soft skin. "Yongbok." She placed her hand on mine, holding it firmly.

"Hmm?"

"I'm glad you came back." With that, I pulled her closer for a warm kiss.