45

Claire

"Where do you want me to start?" Renjun pulled a chair from the desk.

"No clue but I want to know everything." I replied, crossing my legs comfortably in my seat. The males got their seats and we were in a circular formation.

"I think it's better if you start off with that night." Jeno suggests. Renjun knitted his eyebrows together with worry. "Are you sure about that, I mean you know.. Claire." Donghyuck seemed to get him. "Not my problem, I mean she needs to know somehow." Jeno was apathetic which made the two sigh.

"You may have know by now that we're agents from another agency." Renjun starts. I nodded, they were SM agents. "2 years ago or even years before that, we used to be with JYP for trainings. For other trainees to collaborate before getting a rank."

"Your friends, your brother was with us before. Your brother was particularly popular with everyone—all agencies admired him." He says. "That came along with his friends and later now skz unit with 3 squads."

"Boy, your brother was ultimately strict yet kind." Donghyuck chuckles in the background.

"And you came along.." Jeno mumbles.

"I'm confused what—me again?" I was baffled.

"It's obvious, you're an agent—well was an almost agent to be accurate." Renjun's response just gave me stroke. First, I had some super ability then second, my brother and parents are agents and now, I was a trainee?!

"Give me a minute."

"Take your time darling." Jeno says as he stood up to check the doors. Donghyuck cringed at his tone. "Goodness, he calls you darling?" He began faking a barf gesture. The Chinese agent only shook his head sorry. "We can continue without him—he probably knows too much." The both them says.

"Okay and did you ever got along with skz?"

"We were like bros until someone messed up the union." Donghyuck's face darkened. Renjun began telling me about their trainee days in middle school to high school and how they met me through Chan. They whispered a secret that one of their younger members had an interest in me after I accidentally kicked their leg with my shin. In some times, I laughed at their foolishness. The two were talking like normal friends would do, no agent ranks just friends reminiscing the past.

"Only if you remembered everything! You would cringe of the things you did in the past by now!" Donghyuck guffawed. Renjun nudged his shoulder as soon my smile faded. It wasn't their fault, it was the agency's decision but in a way I felt was robbed. I only frowned that I couldn't be on the same wavelength with them. "You probably want to know more. You need to ask that one person." Jeno says, crossing his arms.

I left the library with a heavy heart.

I stayed in my car as I began to process my thoughts. Secrets. They're hiding it from me. I sighed. I opened my phone, no text from Felix or Chan. My chest was experiencing this heavy load of curiosity. I know those agents mean well since they look awfully familiar.

I drove out of the school and went to some cafe. I didn't want to go home just yet. I opened the door to see some familiar faces. "Good evening." He paused awkwardly as he saw me coming in. I went to the counter and read thoroughly their menu.

"I can't believe Beomgyu." Two males from a distance were loud. "It's a big mission and he decided to prank the higher ups." One of them sounded serious and disappointed. I was invested in their talk when suddenly the cashier tapped the bell. "Are you going to order?" He was fairly tall and young as well.

"Iced black sugar coffee please." I said.

He started preparing my order as he looked slightly pissed. He told me how much it cost and I gave him the money. He later gave me a beeper and the receipt. "Thanks." I mumbled as I went to a nearby table. I opened my phone and saw Jeongin sending 5 messages but none from Felix or Chan.

jeongin
where are you?

jeongin
felix and chan hyung left their phones back at hq
they're in a mission

jeongin
claire pls text back

jeongin
hello????

The beeper vibrated which caught me off guard. My drink was on the other counter with another male. "Here you go." He said in English, guessing he's an Australian. "Thanks." I replied as I grabbed my drink. He stopped and looked at me, "Umm.. are you perhaps an Aussie too? I'm sorry for asking."

"We met once." I told him and now he seemed confused. "Oh! you're Felix's girlfriend!" Jake remembers now. I nodded as he began telling his workmates about it and they came forward, even the grumpy cashier boy did. "Aren't you the seer?" the guy named Sunoo asked.

"Seer?"

Before I could answer, the windows shattered as few men in dark clothes came inside with weapons. The boys were alerted by the intrusion. Jake pulled me inside and asked me to hide under the countertop. "It'll be quick noona." He said as he left me.  I turned around to find a cctv camera screen and watched them fight.

"We need the girl and Jungwon." One of the trespassers said. "Not on our watch." Jay threw a punch across their face. The others were busy stealing the weapons away from them.

"You think a group of vampires can stop us? pathetic."

I am so sorry for not updating for months. I had school and personal stuff to go through. I also published a new fic which is a heesung fic. Go check it out~

Also this book is still on-going!