27

Felix

The air got heavier and the silence he gave off is deafening.

"I'm not surprised." Chenle chuckled as he placed down his basket. I stood behind him while I find an exit to escape. The orange male walked around while he checked the areas inside.

"What are you after, mate?"

He ignored my question as he resumed moving around. Well, I don't have plans to delay the bbq party. I slid my hand in the pocket of my jacket and pressed a tiny button.

Well crap—it made a sound which made him turn around.

"Drop the items Lee or I'll have to annihilate you myself!" Chenle pulled out his own gun and pointed at my direction. I took out my belongings—my wallet, a strip of cherry gum, air pods and a handkerchief and placed it on the ground. He followed me as a lowered myself. He took my wallet and inspect the insides.

"Take your time." I told him casually.

He paused and glared at me before continuing rummaging my wallet. My mind went to mentally counting for my last resort escape plan to work. There's no use of talking this out—SM is watching me. He grabbed all of my belongings and returned it to me nicely. He slightly opened his mouth like he was about to say something—

"You must not come in—excuse me! excuse me!"

A loud voice came from the front. We both stopped and looked at that direction of the raging voice. "This is SM's jurisdiction—"

"Lee Felix is my jurisdiction." An enraged Chan arrived before us. I couldn't tell if he's controlling it or nah. "Now would you please, don't try killing my comrade? I mean all of you know that he's under probation since the incident?" He crossed his arms as he turned his back to a male agent—I assumed the current squad leader.

The both of them paused until an annoying static sound from the computer in the cashier screeched.

The squad leader sighed, "Squad 119, nothing here."

Chan looked relieved as the squad leader reported that I have nothing to do with their mission. Chenle left with his team mate and gave me a concerned grin which confused me. "I'm sure you wouldn't want to delay our bbq party?"

We exited the convenience store with the drinks. The SM agents have left after that—seeing their own transportation at standby with other agents from nct.

"Of course hyung. Thanks for responding by the way." The silent pen button helped me to contact anyone in skz but mostly Chan gets the signal first. What bewildered me is the sudden sound in one of my belongings which was not supposed to be there. "SM are really salty and would love to kill you anytime." Chan was really concerned about that case.

"Can't be helped, I mean I almost killed a crowned prince."

"We all know—you were forced Lix." He sighed as we walked towards Changbin's apartment which was 10 blocks away.

"You mean you know." I interjected. Chan's smile faded as he gave me a shoulder hug. "They will learn to accept you especially Jisung and Jeongin."

"They are but Jisung is hard as a stone." I can't blame him because of the mess I made and the promises I broke against everyone and him. "Felix, don't be hard on yourself."

"I..I just feel too guilty and all.."

"And Sometimes.. I think that I should have.." I stopped in my tracks which made Chan halted too.

"...died in that avalanche."

sorry for the late update guys