28

Felix

We arrived 15 minutes late and Minho was not having it.

"You should've told me that SM was sniffing your ass! I mean we could have our BBQ party early!" Minho whined as he passed the plates. He was hungry that he yelled at me but also apologized after he took his first bite of Changbin's special grilled meat. The party was at the rooftop of his room which was cool.

"Good thing you came back in one piece. Surely they weren't kind—"

"Chenle was there." I coughed. Hyunjin stopped talking and chuckled. "I guess he can't stay mad at you forever." The blond knows how the Chinese agent is particularly close to me. We had our fight and concluded as an acquaintance to each other. My plastic cup ran out of cola so I told Hyunjin that I'll be refilling.

He held my arm, "Prepare yourself, someone's going to talk nonstop."

He let go of my arm and continued eating. I shrugged my shoulders as I got inside the small room where the staircase is located. "What could he possible mean-"

"What do you mean he almost got killed?"

The sound of that voice rang into my ears as I see Chan in a difficult position in explaining. "It's not your concern, Claire. He's perfectly fine! He got here—I got him here in one piece, no scratches found." The male thoroughly explained but by the looks of Claire's face, she doesn't agree.

"Alright. Would you come down Felix?"

I flinched as I heard my name that I hurriedly climbed down. Chan sighed as he glanced at me, saying 'She's too stubborn for pete sake' and another sigh. The Bang siblings are something else.

"What is happening?" I asked the two.

"If you don't buy my statement, go ahead ask Felix." Chan practically gave up and went upstairs, leaving the two of us alone.

Her expression softened, "Did they do something?"

"Nope. I was just there.. threatened for my life." I let out an awkward chuckle. I thought I'd earn a chuckle but a frown grew on her face.

"I was just joking."

"I know."

"You know?"

"I can't stay calm." She sighed.

"I'm sorry if this made you worried. Trust me, I didn't expect what happened earlier." I faced her, showing that I was being honest.

"When Chan ran out of the kitchen, I had a thought that something was wrong but no one in this party told me. I was worried if it were my parents, siblings or.. you."Claire held her arms and sat on the barrel near the staircase.

"You just got back Felix and—"

"I'm here now, right?" I knelt down in front of her while holding her hand tenderly. "You won't lose me."

She smiled that she started sniffing into a crying mess. My heart was pounding too quick that I couldn't hear anything besides her sobbing and my heartbeat. I pulled her into a quick embrace while she cried.

"Stop crying—why are you crying?" I wiped off her tears while chuckling. She sniffled and glared at the same time. "I don't know if this is.. re.. relevant but I heard some guys at the university that they're.."

She was trying to say something but she's emotionally drained. "We can talk about that later Claire.. you need to stop sobbing. I'll get you a glass of water—"

"Listen you idiot!" She held my chin. "I'm crying here because I might think that those guys are after you and possibly kill you anytime!"

I grinned and removed her hand from my chin. "I'll look for them if it calms your soul."

She looked surprised.

"Listen Claire, I'm okay. I still have pieces together so stop worrying and enjoy the party."

"You're right. This is so stupid." She snaps back to herself. I burst out into laughter while she immensely glared at me.

"You were balling your eyes out earlier and now you're mad at me!"

"Shut up."

"Do you like me now by chance?"

"You're ahead of yourself." She rolled her eyes.

I moved forward, only an inch left between our faces. Her chuckling faded as she realized of what is happening. It felt overwhelming and warm, she had her eyes shut the whole time. Her lips were soft than I imagined. I pulled away with smirk, "Maybe I am ahead of myself."

"Lee Felix, you bastard!" She shrieked.

unedited im sorry but here's update uwu