24

Claire

"We're going to have pizza." Chan said as he sat on the couch.

"That's a lazy recommendation. Why don't you cook?" I slapped his bare shoulder. I get it, he's feeling lazy tonight but I don't want something unhealthy and costly too. "Ow." He rubbed the area as he frowned at me.

"Chan hyung where is the—" Felix froze by the stairs as he saw the both of us. "The what?" Chan asked as he stood up from the couch. I didn't noticed him earlier, when did he even come? I looked at the two males conversing, forgetting I'm around.

"Chan." I cleared my throat. "We're having pizza." He answered stubbornly. This man.

"Is that for dinner?" Felix asked softly. Then the idea popped up in my head. "Felix are you free?" I looked at him as a grin appeared on my face.

"I'm technically a bit busy but what do you want me to do?" He does look busy with something upstairs.

"Prepare dinner with me."

His face turned a bit pink but it faded away. Chan slightly glared at him, what could possibly his problem now? I waited for his reply. "Chan can have his pizza but I wanna make some meatballs." I pointed at the kitchen.

"I-I'll help." He finally answers after staring at Chan. "I'm going to borrow your team mate so shoo." I pulled Felix by the arm and went to the kitchen. Chan wasn't having it so he went upstairs. The freckled boy was silent first but he managed to talk after.

"I'm glad you said yes." I smiled.

"Really?" He sounded surprise as he went washing the tomatoes. I pulled out some pasta and set up the boiling water. "I missed this, we used to cook together." I chuckled at the small memory. His expression softens, he knew well that day. We almost set his kitchen on fire, so much for a pancake.

"You don't even know how to flip a pancake, geez." He chuckled as he sliced up some tomatoes.

"We were elementary students, what did you expect?"

"True but you are just bad doing it."

"I hate you for saying that."

"But.. you love me." After that, Felix began acting weird. He went silent as if nothing happened. Was he awkward?

"I'm sorry." He sighed. "I'm kind of distracted for a week now but I'll be fine."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I knew something was up with him. Jeongin did say he had nightmares and sometimes he sweats as he sleeps. He looked so stressed than usual that he almost got beaten by Seungmin in a match. "Thanks but I'm fine." He shows that radiant smile that hides something.

I know you're not okay.

-

"Pizza?" Chan pouted as he gave us a slices each.

"This is actually good!" Hannah complimented the meatballs for dinner.

"Felix did most of the job here." I confessed that it turned out to be Felix making dinner than helping me make dinner. He didn't complain about it. "Hyung this is good." Lucas smiled.

The male only smiled to the little kid as he took his portion from the platter.

-

"Aren't you going home?" I asked the male who's washing the dishes with me.

"I got work. I'll go home soon." He answers as he dries off the plates. "We have school tomorrow." I reminded him. I'm concerned.

"I can skip. I haven't been absent to any of my classes this semester." Felix hummed.

"Sounds like a fair choice."

After washing the dishes, he went straight back to Chan's room to do some work. I went to bed that time because I was tired.