15

Felix

I waited outside of the big man's main office.

My gut wasn't feeling well since Chan announced my temporary stay in the team. What was in his head that made him put me back in the game?

The rest weren't happy about it but they can't disagree if the team leader makes the decision. Jeongin was even turning his back at me when he knew. Hyunjin and Seungmin were happy to have me back for some reason. Jisung couldn't believe the news when he had planned to kill me in the first place.

Sorry to disappoint you, Han.

"Is he outside?" I heard JYP's voice from inside. "He is." Chan replied back after all their talking. The door was opened and asked me to get inside. "Good afternoon sir." I bowed down like the old days.

JYP's expression was in the middle of being surprised and confused. "You are the kid who tried to assassinate NCT's pretty boy snipper 2 years ago?" He chuckled at the past case. He doesn't seem to be convinced that I almost did killed Jaemin.

"You're asking me to give him back his agent card? Are you in the right mind Bang Chan?" JYP doesn't liked the idea as well.

"Temporarily sir and we'll discuss his case with the council soon." The raven is really determined to get me back on track. The old man took a good look at me before he sighed deeply.

"His agent card will be heavily monitored since he's a code red case. I'm sure you'll watch over Felix. I'll give it  3 months after that he'll be on the death list for good." The death list doesn't sound good to me. Chan had an uncomfortable look on his face but he managed to say thanks to him.

"Just don't pull out weird tricks, Felix. The council and I are keeping an eye on your actions." The old man was trying to be creepy. How I wished I could react like my newbie self, crying after I met him for the first time. "U-Uh? He doesn't flinch.."

"He's also trained in another way sir." Chan chuckled shyly.

"Oh, right. Tough training you got on your shoulders? From your own family?"

My fists started to clench, I don't even like hearing anything from my own family. They made me into this mess, I lost almost anything valuable in my life because of them—except my mother. "It was pretty tough that I couldn't recognize myself, sir." I smiled weakly.

"Felix!" Chan grunted under his breath.

"Have fun on finding yourself under Chan's supervision. Now gentlemen, this meeting has ended." What does he even mean finding myself in his context? We both bowed down before leaving the huge office.

"You know, you should have just kept quiet." Chan looked worried that I might get my ass set on fire on my first day as a skz agent again. "I can't hyung, it does spur fire in me." I frowned.

"Well, you don't have to dwell on that right now. We have bigger problems rising soon."

"You're getting me back for a mission because I'm valuable to it? Then you'll throw me out during the deliberation by the council." I get what it feels to be used. It's a scar that'll never stop haunting me. "You'll understand once you know the mission we've been working for months." Chan unlocked the door to the office.

"You're one of the best guys I have, Felix."

"Hyung, I'm a criminal. You don't have to sugarcoat anything about me." I sat on the couch. He just started at me with a disappointed expression. "So what if you are? It doesn't change the fact you used to be our best ear runner. No one can hear like you do!" Chan has his ways into lifting anyone's spirits with his talks. That is one of many skills that this man has. I used to idolized him so much that I almost acted the same way when we were a new team in the agency.

I guess I'm always lifted by him since he was the only one who guided me well during training.

"I guess you never gave up on me. I'm pretty much happy.. about it hyung." I didn't want to cry in front of him because it would be so awkward after 7 years. "I couldn't give up on you just yet, Lix."

"Same goes for Claire." He sat beside me. "I know why did you risked your life in going to Jaemin's family hospital."

Did he finally knew my secret intentions are?

"I wanna.. say that I'm completely against on healing Claire's eyes but you made me feel like she should back on the lane like you are here." Chan's response was something I needed to consider. I never talked to him about it since I knew it my way. I knew what happened 5 years ago, Claire's life threatening accident in Switzerland.

"She was born to do it hyung. She told me the very same thing if something happened." I sighed as I looked at the ceiling.

"Is that some 'Don't assume things?' quote?"

"Always back me up when no one will." I blurt the very same words I heard before I left Korea. It does hold such huge value on me because she's someone I look up to.

"I'm guessing, you failed at it? Chan hyung?"