3. The Greatest Teammate

Tuesday, 5 p.m.

Karasuno High Gymnasium

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Whoooaaa!! It's a gym!!"

"You were just here yesterday, Shoyo..." you say, your eyes prickly from sleepiness.

"Brrr, it's cold! Be sure to warm up good, got it?" Tanaka says, slightly shivering. Wordlessly, you take off your jacket and throw it over Tanaka's shoulders.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One hour later
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Front!!"

You wince as Hinata lands face first on the floor.

"Your feet aren't moving! What happened to those lightening quick reflexes from yesterday?! Concentrate!!

"Take it easy, Tobio!"

"Aww, maaan! We're doing nothing but passing," Hinata complains on his hands and knees. "Come ooon!! We're gonna run out of time! I wanna spike the ball! I wanna jump!"

"Then jump up and down where you are!"

"Hey, you two!"

You look at Tanaka, silently thanking him for stopping one of their endless arguments.

"Let me make one thing clear, Kay? Daichi-san is usually a really nice guy, but he gets scary when he's mad. Like, really scary."

"Tell me about it," you mumble from beside Tanaka.

"If word of our super early practices gets out, we'll be in trouble. I'll be in trouble. Not that I'm afraid, of course. Nuh uh. No way. Not me."

You snicker. Tanaka was such a softie on the inside.

"Right now, us four are the only ones who know about these practices, so let's keep it that way-"

"Aha! I knew you guys had to be doing super early practices."

"DWAAAA?!" The three of them yell.

You turn around and see Suga smiling at the four of you. "Koshi!" You surge forward and wrap the third year in a bone crushing hug.

"Suga-san! H-how?" Tanaka and the idiot first years honestly had no idea how Suga knew...

"You were acting really suspicious yesterday, ya know. Asking obvious questions, volunteering to keep the key when you're usually the last one to arrive," Suga says, turning around in your arms so that he could see them. You rest your chin on his shoulder and grin at them.

You were always clingy with people. That's just how you were. Nobody here was complaining either.

Suga blushed slightly and subconsciously leaned back into you. Kageyama gritted his teeth in annoyance, crossing his arms over his stomach as jealousy rolled in.

Being his only friend made him feel closer to you in a lot of ways. It also made him feel slightly protective. But he learned to ignore it, considering how popular you were.

"Don't worry. I won't tattle on you to Daichi. Besides, this kinda feels like we're doing special secret training. It's exciting!"

The other three laughed and you spun in a circle, laughing as Suga's hands clutched onto your arms wrapped around his stomach. "You're so cute, Koshi!"