36. Winners and Losers

You winced as Daichi's old schoolmate, Ikejiri, fell after just missing a dig.

The score was 17 to 8 and you kind of felt bad for the other team. Karasuno was winning by a landslide.

Up in the stands, Seijho's head coach leaned back in his seat. "Hunh. Karasuno hasn't used that yet." He explained to the other coach about the quick set.

A few rows back, Oikawa was having one of his diva moments. After literally fainting from the (sarcastic) kiss you blew at him, his god complex magnified by tenfold. Therefore, Iwaizumi's patience was SEVERELY tested. Matsukawa and Hanamaki weren't making it any better.

"You don't know that he was blowing it towards you," Maki threw his arms behind his head, hoping Matsu would catch on.

Thankfully, Matsu did indeed catch on. "Yeah! I mean, he could've been directing it towards Iwaizumi. Or even Watari!"

Watari leaned forward. "Is that an insult or a compliment?"

Oikawa huffed and crossed his arms, kicking up one leg and throwing it over the other. "OBVIOUSLY, it was me. Duh! Just look at me!"

Iwaizumi exhaled loudly through his nose, exercising self control. It's just one match. One match and then it's all over... Oikawa always got bratty and insufferable whenever someone questioned his relevance to you.

"Hmm. I don't know..." Maki shrugs.

"I've looked at you and.. well," Matsu mimics Maki's shrug. "It's definitely not you."

Oikawa's nostrils flared. "EXCUSE ME?"

Maki snorts out a laugh. "Definitely not."

Oikawa's soul departed, leaving nothing but a sniffling shell.

Meanwhile, Tokonami took their final time out during set 2.

"Maaan! Karasuno is nothing like the rumors!"

"'Fallen champions' my butt! There's nothing fallen about them!"

"They're on a totally different level from us."

While Ikejiri unintentionally inspired his team, you were doing the same. Except yours was intentionally.

"Daichiii," you grab his cheeks and kiss his forehead noisily. "Great job out there!!"

You released him and fixed Asahi's hair which was falling down. Noya and Tanaka inch forward, their bodies shaking like how a dog would wag its tail.

"Can I.. help you?"

Noya kneels down in front of you, bowing his head. Tanaka does the same.

You were thoroughly confused. Suga taps your shoulder. "They want praise," he whispers.

"Ooh." You squat down and pat their heads. "Good job, Yuu! Good job, Ryu!" You stood back up.

Suga sighs as the duo suddenly start spouting tears, an aura of sparkles and hearts around them.

Tsukishima immediately walks away as soon as you got close to him. You sped up and tapped his shoulder.

"What."

"Nice job, Tsukki," you whisper in his ear.

"Idiot.." he scoffs, pushing up his glasses. (He used that action as a diversion from his pink cheeks)

Kageyama wasn't paying any attention to the praise the others were receiving, so he was quite surprised when your arms wrapped around his middle.

"You're playing well," you mumble, pressing your cheek against his neck.

"Duh." He leaned back against you, placing one of his hands over yours.

Your moment was ruined, however, by Hinata tugging on the back of your jacket.

He was grinning, jumping up and down excitedly. "OO! OO! Did I do good too?!"

You let go of Kageyama, chuckling. "Of course you did, little love."

"Yay!" He throws his arms up, giving you a hug.

"Boke!" Kageyama grabs Hinata and chunks him away (don't worry. Dadchi caught him.)

Once Hinata was gone, he roughly grabbed both of your arms, turned around, and threw them over his shoulder as he pressed his back against your chest.

You struggle to hold back your laugh. "You could've just asked for a hug, Tobio~"

His eyebrows furrow as his face turns red. "N-no!"

"Your blush is really cute by the way," you tease.

Before Kageyama had time to react, the whistle blew and the game resumed.

Karasuno won and Shoyo ran up to you, jumping and wrapping his legs and arms around your torso. "WE WONNN!!"

His excitement was contagious. You laughed and spun him in a circle, listening to his shrieks of laughter.

As you and the team were walking down the hallway, Ikejiri runs up and grabs Daichi's sleeve.

"Win!! And keep winning.. for us too!"

"All right." Daichi shakes his hand firmly. "We will."

Ikejiri grins and then walks off. You head over to the board, seeing which team they were up against next.

"Out of all 55 high schools participating, almost half of them, 23 teams, are done after just one game."

You put your arms around Tadashi and Suga. "No worries. You guys are gonna win. I have no doubt about that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words:778

This one is a little short but I'm making up for it by releasing a bunch of chapters. I want to catch this up to my original on quotev so expect like three more chapters today :D