29. What It Means to Connect

AHEM don't think I don't see all of you mentally ill bitches reading this story in one sitting 👀 also thanks for all the comments rolling in! It makes me happy to see that people are enjoying my book and even laughing at my dumb jokes! :3

"Yeah! Nice block Tsukki! Great job!" You cheer, grinning at him and making a heart with your hands.

"Tch," he pushes up his glasses and looks away, pretending to be annoyed but he's really just embarrassed, his little heart doing skips.

Anyway, the score was 22 to 20, Nekoma still in the lead. That last block earned them the twenty point mark.

"There we go! Karasuno hit the twenty point mark too!" Takinoue says.

"It feels like the momentum has completely shifted in their favor," Shimada says.

Nekoma

1st time out

You look over at the Nekoma team, wondering why they took a time out in the first place. You were distracted, however, by Hinata.

The little love, poor baby, wanted your attention badly. And so he claimed it.

Shuffling forward, he wraps his arms around the small of your back and looks up at you, resting his chin on your chest. "(Y/nnnn)," he whines, making puppy dog eyes at you.

You cup his cheek, a smirking growing on your lips. "Yes, little love?"

His lips purse forward in a pout. "You haven't been paying attention to me," his voice was slightly muffled.

"Aw, I'm sorry. Next time," you lean down next to his ear "I'll make sure to cheer for you. Would you like that?"

Hinata turns bright red, a shiver going down his spine. "Y-yes s—" He slaps a hand over his mouth to stop himself from completely the sir.

Your smirk grows and you pull back, ruffling his fluffy and slightly sweaty hair. "Good boy," you wink at him and push him back onto the court as the time out ends.

Hinata's face was still red and the team was definitely jealous, but they figured it was better than you paying attention to Nekoma.

You watched the points grow on both sides, cheering for your own team this time. You had to stop yourself from praising Kenma many, many times.

The score was now 24 to 22 after Kenma performed a setter dump, earning them set and match point.

"They don't look worried in the least," Ukai says. "That's a grown up cat for you."

"I'm sure we'll be just fine," you say.

"Look. Everyone still has fire in their eyes," Takeda adds.

Tanaka starts running up to the net. "'Kay, guys! It's time we tied this up!"

Yamamoto gets ready to block. "You won't get past me!!" He jumps to block Tanaka, only for the ball to arc way over Tanaka's head.

Instead, it's end up in Daichi's course, changing direction after hitting the palm of his hand and landing on Nekoma's side, leaving them only one point behind Nekoma.

"Tanaka-san! Server up!" Hinata says as Asahi rotates to the front.

"Now that full grown adult they call a high schooler has rotated to the front," Nekomata grumbles.

Hinata forced Nekoma to split their blocking to account for him, Ukai thought. And even when he's not a decoy, he still has the potential to get around their blocks and score. And right now, Azumane is the strongest single hitter on the whole court. Both of them in the front row at the same time puts us in our best offensive rotation. This is the best chance we've got to pull off a comeback!