47. Setter Battle!

"Next time, I'm going to do the same thing," he says, glaring at Oikawa. "Please watch for it."

"Uppity little snot.!" Oikawa sneers.

The two setters walk away from each other.

"Wow, that was awesome!" Hinata yells, punching the air excitedly. "You aren't gonna let that great king beat ya, right, Kageyama?"

"Even if he is the best all-around player in the prefecture.." Kageyama looks behind him at Oikawa, "I'm going to show him who's the better setter."

And prove to him that I'll win over (Y/n), he thought, but didn't say aloud. Hinata didn't need to know that. After all, I'm the one (Y/n) kissed, not him.

"Oh!" Hinata looks up at Kageyama. "But you're up next to serve, right? That means you're in the back row. If you try to do the same thing, that'd be a setter dump from the back row. Isn't that illegal?"

"CAN IT!" He turns around as Hinata starts laughing. "I meant next time I'm in the front row, okay?!"

You watched Tobio get ready to serve.

He looked a little distracted..

Just as you were about to cheer him on, the serve whistle blew.

WHAM

"Out! Way out!"

You snicker softly. "Seems Tobio is a little tense."

"Sorry.."

They reassure him it's fine, and your amusement fades as you realize it's Oikawa's turn to serve.

Hm, it's actually been quite a while since I watched him serve in person... you thought.

"How about I set a good example for him?" Oikawa says as he throws the toss for his serve.

Noya watched the ball greedily as Oikawa jumped.

The ball was coming straight for him-

No.

Curve.

He moves to the side and receives the ball effortlessly, a proud grin on his face.

"Whoopsie! Man, he's really good," Oikawa says as he jogged towards the net.

"'Set a good example,' my butt! They bumped that like it was nothing!" Iwaizumi yells.

"Ha ha ha!" Oikawa sticks his tongue out.

Tohru narrowed his eyes a bit as Hinata yelled out "Bring it!!"

(Were going to ignore the fact that I forgot abt Kags and hin code words ahah- like I didn't write them as much but we all know abt them so it's fine lmao. I skipped over a lot of the gameplay so that's why I didn't write like every single thing the boys said while playing lmao)

Kageyama glanced off to the side, Kindaichi following his line of sight.

By the time Kindaichi had looked back, Shoyo had already spiked the ball right over his head.

"Yes!" Kageyama says.

"Woo-hoooo!!" Hinata says as he jumps in the air. "(Y/n)!" He turns and looks at you with a grin, as if asking if you saw that.