32. Preparing for Flight

Kageyama jabbed his fingers into the button, watching the vending machine dispose his yogurt drink.

Some people to your right were whispering and staring, so you followed their line of vision and saw Kageyama storming away with his drink in his mouth.

"Yo, Tobio!" You call out, raising your arm and waving.

He jolts, dropping his drink and fumbling to catch it before it hit the ground. He sends a little glare at you before standing straight up. "What."

"Oh, wow. You're definitely upset," you say as you walk over and sling an arm around his shoulder.

Kageyama huffs, slurping down the rest of his yogurt. "Am not."

"Are too," you start guiding him to the club room. "Talk to me."

Kageyama gives you a weird look. "Not now, you idiot," he mumbles.

Noya, who was just parting with Tanaka from the club room, sees you and grins, running over and stopping in front of you. "Hi, (Y/n)!"

You ruffle his hair. "Hey. You on your way to get Asahi?"

He nods and Kageyama slips out of your arm, ducking inside the club room. "Wanna come with me?"

"Sure! Why not," you grab his hand and start walking towards Asahi's classroom.

Noya was in his own little heaven, swinging your arms back and forth. Some people snicker or make little comments but he doesn't hear them and you ignore them.

You open the door and go to speak, but noya cuts you off. "ASAHI-SAAAN!!" The poor glass hearted ace jolted, looking like his soul left his body. "Club! Now!! Go!!"

"Please," you add, lightly smacking the back of Noya's head.

Asahi gathers his things and heads out with you two. "Nishinoya, it's okay. Really. I'm not going to run away. I know... like really know that you all have my back. And this time I'm going to stand tall and tell them.. that I'm karasuno's ace!"

You fake sniffle, putting an arm around Asahi. "You've grown so much!"

He blushes and laughs awkwardly. Noya jumps up and down, trying to get your attention. "What about meee?"

You put a finger to your chin, glancing him over. "Hmm... yeah I don't think you've grown any since elementary."

It took a moment to sink in, but oh boy when it did? He was seething. "THATS NOT WHAT I MEANT YOU BASTAAARD!!!"

And now you were running for your life.

Kageyama, Ennoshita, and Tanaka jump as the door is flung open and you scramble in, laughing your ass off and out of breath.

"Tanaka!! Help me!!" You crouch down behind him, peeking over his shoulder and ignoring the fact he was wearing a blonde wig. (I was looking forward to write this scene only to realize in the manga he doesn't actually dress up 😔)

Noya scrambles into the room, dramatically pointing at Tanaka. "TRAITOR! LEMME AT HIM!!"

Tanaka, still clad in his wig (which was somewhat lopsided now) quickly sidesteps. You stumble to your knees and screech. "NOYA NO!"

The shorter male jumps into the air, hissing. You think quickly, extending your arms in case you had to catch him. "YUU PLEASE DONT KILL ME I LOVE YOU!" You rush out.