49. Makings of an Ace

Before we begin, look at these cool pics. LOOK AT SUGA AND YAMAGUCHI SKFBSJNFJDNF ^

Just saying, most of the pics if not all of them in this chapter are of Tanaka because holy shit. Furadate served the Tanaka simps with this one like god damn-

Now, Tanaka simps. Be prepared. This next picture... I screamed when I saw it. Just warning you 😊 (ignore my finger T-T)

 Just warning you 😊 (ignore my finger T-T)

And now we shall dive into the story~

Surely he wouldn't send it to Noya again, so who was next?

Oikawa hits the serve and it flies over the net, zooming towards Tanaka. It bounces off his arms painfully and flies into the stands, hitting the wall and then the floor.

"Shit.." Ukai mumbles and calls a time out.

"Just get it up!" He says to the boys. "Don't worry about trying to send it to the setter. As long as the ball goes up, we can find some way to cover for it. Got it?"

"Yes, Coach!"

"Oh, and by the way... Tobio," you stand in front of him and cross your arms over your chest. "What was that setter dump?"

He bows. "I'm sorry! I panicked!" He furrowed his eyebrows at the floor, not liking this feeling in his chest.

"As long as you know what you did wrong, that's okay, I guess," Coach mumbles.

Kageyama clenches his fists, his head bowed.

You sigh and uncross your arms. "Just go back out there and play. Don't worry about the point gap so much." You place a hand on his head and ruffle his hair.

The time out ended and it was still Oikawa's serve. Tanaka breathed out as he got ready for that killer serve.

Oikawa jumped into his serve and you sighed. "Sure looks like fun..." you mumble, following the ball as it headed for Tanaka again.

This time, he managed to get it up. But the force and momentum from the ball made it fly back over the net. Before it could go very far, Kindaichi slammed the ball back down onto Karasuno's side of the court.

After some reassurance, Tanaka and the rest of the Karasuno team got back into formation. The whistle blew and Oikawa served again.

The ball came at Tanaka dead on, so he was able to receive it.

Hinata covered the ball and put it up for Tanaka. The male jumped to spike it down into Aoba Johsai's side of the court, but he got roofed.