14. Chemical Reaction

"That was... amazing." Takeda says, in awe of Hinata's jump.

"Oh, right! You weren't there for the 3-on-3, so this is the first time you've seen Hinata and Kageyama's combo attack! Isn't it incredible?! Like, really! I don't know if I'm more amazing or frightened by it!"

"Thank you very much!!" The team scares Takeda by yelling so much.

"Sensei. Just give a little speech."

"Umm, I'm still very much a novice when it comes to volleyball.. but! Something incredible has begun here today. Even I can tell that. With the new school year the team gained some new faces... but not everything went swimmingly at first. When Sawamura-kun first said that, I wasn't quite sure what he meant.. but today I think I see what he saw. Two separate individuals who, by themselves aren't particularly special... cause a chemical reaction. Somewhere out there at this very moment, there are people meeting each other who will change the world together. That place could be a faraway country. It could even be on the other side of the planet. Or it could be in a little, eastern island country up in a sleepy northern town on a perfectly normal high school's perfectly normal volleyball team. I think that kind of meeting.. that kind of coming together happened just the other day at Karasuno. Some people might say I'm exaggerating or being silly but I'll take that over not believing any day! I don't have proof of this but I think... no, I believe that all of you are going to get much better and much stronger together as a team."

It was silent for a hot minute.

"I'm sorry! Was that too flowery? Did I bore you?"

"No, no! It was fine, Sensei! Really!"

"Thank you, Sensei!!"

"I have to hurry and find them someone who can teach them the technical skills they need," Takeda whispers to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two teams lined outside to say goodbye.

"Thank you for having us!!"

You grab Suga's arm. "I'll catch up to you in a little bit, okay?"

He gives you a confused glance but nods, going to let the team know.

You turn around and smirk at Aoba Johsai. "Hey, guys."

The ones who don't really know you that well leave before your damage could be dealt.

"Wow, how cold. I don't get a goodbye?"

"Oh, shut up." Kindaichi steps forward and wraps his arms around you, blushing as you pick him up and spin him in a circle.

"Long time, no see, Yutaro."

He flicks your nose and walks off, shoving his hands in his pockets as his face turns bright red.

Kunimi attempts to escape but you catch his arm and twirl him into a hug.

"I missed youuuu Akira~" Kunimi stares straight ahead, seemingly bored, but inside he was freaking TF out.

Just to tease him, you kiss his cheek and send him on his way.

Hanamaki and Matsukawa both walk forward, arm in arm. Hanamaki yanks you into a hug, Matsu joining in. They pepper your face with kisses, making loud smoochy noises. You all laugh and then you turn to Iwaizumi.

"Hajime~" you sing out, spreading your arms wide.

"Idiot.." Iwaizumi blushes and looks away, refusing to hug back even when your arms snake around his waist.

"Hajimeeee" you whine, taking his arms and putting them around your neck.

"H-hey! Just what are you—"

He was cut off by you placing a finger on his lips.

"Shh.. just enjoy the hug."

He grumbles and allows you to hug him, his heart racing wildly.

You pull your head back and attempt to kiss him.

"IDIOT!" He screeches, shoving you off him. "J-J-JUST WHAT DO YOU THINK YOURE D-DOING!" His face was so red it was practically steaming.

You laugh, unable to hold it back.

"God, you're so easy to fluster, Hajime."

A murderous aura was your signal to run.

Oikawa, who had been talking to Karasuno, sees you running toward him and squeals, shoving Hinata and Kageyama out of the way.

"(Y/n)!!"

He runs and jumps on you, clinging onto you like a koala. You chuckle slightly and hold him up, hands dangerously close to his (nonexistent) ass.

"Did you come to say goodbye?"

"Yes," you lie. It was kind of true... not really.

Oikawa smiles, a real one, and presses your foreheads together. You spin in a circle, watching his smile grow.

"I'll miss you," he whispers.

"I know. You can always call me."

"I know.."

The team watches this exchange blankly, the entirety of the situation not yet sinking in.

You stop spinning, Oikawa hoping off your waist and looking back at Karasuno.

"You don't have much time until the tournament starts. I for one can't wait to see what your going to do."

He walks away and Daichi starts laughing evilly. Everyone chose to ignore what tf just happened but the jealousy still lingered. Very much so.

"Captain?!"

"Daichi-san?!"

"Yeah, the inter-high qualifiers are coming up. But it's almost time for him to be coming back."

"Oh!"

"Him? Him who?"

"Karasuno's own... Guardian Deity."

Your eyes widen a little. He was coming back?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words:869