22. Random Encounter

Me:*peacefully reading volume twelve*

*flashback happens while old coach Ukai is speaking about third years*

me:*spits out water* WTF WHO WAS GONNA TELL ME ASAHI WAS THIS CUTE AS A FIRST YEAR AHH *dies*

(I thought this was funny so uh I'm keeping it in lmao)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
May 3

Tokyo Station
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Whoooaa! Dude, this'll be the first time I've ever been on a bullet train!"

"What, really?"

"W-What, you've been on one before?"

"Yeah, lots of times."

"Hasn't everybody?"

"I have!"

"Hey, you guys! Stay together and walk properly. We're in public y'know."

Kuroo looks at his best friend Kenma. "Where does he go again?"

Kenma shrugs.

"Then ask him." Kuroo dead pans.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The First Day of Training Camp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Everybody here? Good."

"Yes, Coach!"

"Our practice game with Nekoma is in four days. After that, the inter-high qualifiers are right around the corner. We're short on time, and this team is long on holes. If you wanna win, there's only one thing to do. Practice. Practice. Practice. Get that ball back up in the air even if it makes you puke."

"Yes, Coach!"

You dead pan. Was that even healthy? After that, practice started. For the most part, you took notes on what each individuals strengths and weaknesses were, what they needed to improve, and what the team needed to work on as a whole. Although, you wished to be in Kiyoko's spot, handling the ball and helping them practice. Your leg bounced up and down with anticipation, but you focused that energy into your charts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7:55 p.m.

Karasuno High School

Class Field Trip/Club Training Camp Dormitory
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Coooooool!! This is the first time I've been here!" Hinata yells.

"It's looks haunted," Tadashi comments.

Hinata runs inside and throws open doors, getting excited at every room, even the bathroom.

"Calm down, would you? Ugh," Kageyama makes a face at Hinata.

"Hey! This is my first training camp, y'know!" Hinata defends himself.

"What's so fun about being stuck with the same sweaty, filthy guys all day, every day for almost a week?" Tsukishima complains, even though he was kind of wondering if you'd be staying there with them.

"Tsukishima, you twit!!" Tanaka and Noya yell. "It's impossible for any space within a 500-meter radius of Kiyoko-san and (Y/n) to be either sweaty or smelly!!" Tanaka flips him off and Noya sticks out his tongue.

"Uh, Shimizu lives near here. After practice and chores, she goes home for the night. She always has," Suga comments, walking away from the damage he just did.