4. The King of the Court

Friday

Karasuno High

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Don't move just your hands! Move your feet first!"

You sigh as Kageyama yells for the thousandth that time day. Honestly, you wondered how long it would take for him to lose his voice.

Currently, you were sitting under a tree, with Kageyama's jacket thrown over your lap. It was kind of chilly today. The boys still insisted on you overseeing their practices. Hell, even Daichi himself did. You remembered that very well.

You were complaining to him about all the boring hours of watching the two bicker back and forth. And the captain told you it was part of your job of making them learn to be teammates. Honestly, you felt like this was still revenge for slapping his ass. Karma's a bitch but it was definitely worth it.

Your attention was grabbed by a strange noise from Hinata. At this point, you were accustomed to his weird noises. You watched as the ball hit in the face and sent him flying back. Just how hard did Kageyama hit that thing...

"Quit daydreaming and concentrate!! The 3-on-3 is tomorrow!!"

"Ow," Hinata said, rubbing his face. You stand up and walk over, gently grabbing his chin so you could assess the damage. "I know that," he says, looking at Kageyama from the side. "Tomorrow we're gonna win!! Then they'll let us in the gym! And we can finally start practicing for real!"

"Stay still," you say quietly, placing your finger over his lips. Hinata jolts and blushes, staring at your features as you looked at the red mark on his cheek. "It'll be fine," you decide, leaning down and kissing his cheek before going back to your spot under the tree.

Hinata, pretending to be unfazed by what happened, looked at Kageyama. "Oh yeah. Then there's that thing about your needing to win to play setter or something, right?" He says, face red as a tomato and hands shaking slightly.

"I get that you get it! Now concentrate!!"

"Thinking about it... I wonder what the other first years we'll be playing are like. It's at least better to play them than to face off against a team of upperclassmen, right?"

You kind of wondered what the other two were like as well. Because of your task with the two idiots, you hadn't been overseeing the normal practices like you usually would. Therefore, you'd never seen the other two first years.

"It doesn't matter who we're playing. We don't have any choice but to win."

"Hey! I was just about to say that!"

"Tch!!" Kageyama does his dramatic twirl and walks over to you while Hinata seems to be thinking really hard... mans looks like he's constipated.

You stood up and handed him a water bottle. He took it and drank some before tossing it back to you. You set it on the ground and grab a towel, standing back up and gently wiping away the sweat on his face and neck.

He blushes a little and takes the towel from you. "I can do it myself," he grumbles, ears going red as he turned away from you so you wouldn't see his blushing face. His efforts were futile however, because you leaned to the side and grinned at his pink cheeks.

Embarrassed, he throws the towel at your face. "B-BOKE!!" (It autocorrected to all caps... I'm too lazy to fix it and tbh it kind of fits)

You chuckle and take your place under the tree again, watching them contentedly. It was a little fun, if you were being honest. You were getting see Hinata improve at a quick pace for someone who sucked as much as he did.