34. Warm-Ups

Your attention was grabbed by a group of people, obviously from a different school, walked towards you.

Immediately, you recognize them to be date tech.

Aone lifts his hand and points straight at Asahi.

"Hey, what're you—" Noya was cut off by Asahi putting an arm out. He stares straight back at Aone.

"Wha?! Hey! Whoa, whoa, whoa! Stop that!" Moniwa says, rushing forward and trying to push Aone's arm down. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry about this!"

"Er, it's okay," Daichi says.

"Futakuchi! Help me!"

"Right, right." Futakuchi half assed his attempt.

You walk forward and place and hand on Aone's forearm and he immediately lowers his arm. You couldn't really tell if you didn't look closely, but his expression lightened. He raises his hand and waves slightly.

"Hello, Takanobu," you say, ruffling his hair.

In a brief moment of boldness, he gives you a hug that lasts for half a second.

Futakuchi scoffs and crosses his arms. You smirk and spread your arms wide.

"Don't you dare."

"Come on, you know you missed me Kenji!"

Futakuchi blushes and flips you off.

"Stop that!" Moniwa scolds, slapping his hand. He sighs in exasperation and looks at you. "How are you?"

"Kaanaameeee!" You wraps the shorter male into a hug.

He blushes and chuckles, hugging back. "I'll take that as good?"

"Yup! You?"

"Ugh, we don't have time to catch up. Let's. Go," Futakuchi says, grabbing Moniwa and walking off.

"Love you too Kenji!!"

Date Tech walks off and the karasuno team sighs in relief, although they were still a little upset considering Date Tech crushed them.

"Whew. That was a little freaky.." Suga says. "Asahi. I'm surprised you managed to hold his gaze..." he trails as of Asahi suddenly breaks into a sweat.

"Oh geez, that was so nerve wracking!!"

"Asahi-san, how come you are such a total wuss off the court?"

"Noya-san, not so blunt!"

The boys went to go change while you leaned against the wall and counted bags.

Hinata got dressed and started trembling, edging closer to you in hopes of getting comfort.

"Hey! I'm not going to hear any complaints about a queasy guts out of you, am I?" Kageyama threatens.

"It... it'sh nod nerbs. I'b sh-sh-sh-shakig wid eggshidmed!!"

"What the heck did you just say?!"

You steps up behind him and wrap him up in a hug. "Aww, it's alright little love."

"You were trying to say 'shaking with excitement', right?" Suga says.

Hinata nods.

"Looks like plain old nerves to me!" Tanaka says.

"What? Did that run in with Date Tech scare the pants off ya?" Noya chuckles.