52. The Losers

*unedited so sorry for any spelling errors

The boys were playing good. Too good.

The set had turned into a deuce and was currently breaching the 30s. They had to be exhausted. The rallies were only getting longer and neither team was letting up.

Aoba Johsai was currently sitting at 32 with Karasuno only a point behind. To make it worse, Oikawa was up to serve.

He went into it full power, but actually set a soft one. Daichi dove to dig it before it hit the court.

"God, he's ruthless," you say, leaned forward as you watched them play with baited breath.

Hinata and Asahi called for the ball. Kageyama set it for Asahi, knowing they needed the point right now.

Asahi smashed it through the blockers and it headed for the back corner.

Watari managed to hit it up and send it Oikawa's way. The captain (wow I forgot he was the captain lmao) set it up for Iwaizumi.

Iwa spiked it through all three of Karasuno's blockers. He would've scored but Tanaka was right there, getting the ball up with a steady receive.

Unfortunately it headed back the net.

"SLAM IT, KINDAICHI!!" Iwaizumi yells.

Kindaichi jumps and Hinata jumps to block it, but onion head was way taller and easily hit it over Hinata's head.

Noya dug it with a yell and Kageyama rushed to get under the ball. Hinata started his approach.

"Kunimi! Kindaichi!"

"Right!"

Your eyes widen. "Wait-"

Too late..

Hinata spikes the ball into the three blockers waiting for him. The ball falls to the floor in slow motion.

FWE-FWEEEE

Hinata dropped to his knees, some of his team mates joining him.

The cheers from Aoba Johsai's were deafening. You sat there, unable to do anything. Like you'd know what to do in this situation anyway..

"C'mon, you two. We have to line up," Daichi says, putting his hands on Hinata's and Kageyama's backs.

Hinata grits his teeth. "Captain..! I'm sorry—"

"You didn't make a mistake. None of us made a mistake. So no apologizing."

You stared at the floor as they lined up. Ukai puts a hand on your shoulder. "Come on. We need to gather our stuff."

After thanking everyone, the boys gathered around. The atmosphere was stifling.

"Um... at the end, that"

Hinata got drowned out as the next team came running past with their cart of volleyballs.

"We need to get off the court so the next team can come warm up. Well do our standard cool down outside. Bluecastle has a short break, and then they go right into their quarterfinal match," Ukai says.

Hinata looked lost, staring at Aoba Johsai with wide eyes.

The boys went outside to cool down, but you stayed behind. You wanted to congratulate blue castle for winning before you comforted your team.

They seemed to be in high spirits, which was to be expected.

You put a hand on Oikawa's shoulder, making him jump a bit.

"Huh- (Y/N)!!" He beams. "Hiiii!"

You can't help but smile. "Hii."

Iwaizumi walks over, his shirt half off as if he was in the middle of changing. "Shouldn't you be with your team right now?"

You poked his stomach. "I came over here to congratulate y'all but nEvEr mINd."

He rolls his eyes, pulling his jersey all the way off and throwing it at you.

"Ew! Don't throw your sweaty jersey at me-!" You throw it back at him.

Oikawa pops back in front of you, claiming your attention. "So~" he grins. "Tell me how great I was!" He sparkles.

You scoff. "You were great," you ruffle his hair.

"Hehe" he hugs you, arms secure around your waist as he nuzzled his cheek into your chest.

You vaguely heard I N T E N S E squealing but you blocked it out.

"Come on, Tohru. People are watching."

"So?" He glomps you before getting thrown off of you by Iwa.

"Thanks, Hajime!" You pat his head.

"Yeah, yeah," he swats your hand away, cheeks tinged pink.

"Awww, are you blushing?~"

"No!"

You stayed with them as they changed. Oikawa pulled his shirt up over his head and you looked away without thinking, your face feeling a little warmer than usual.

He tilted his head and stepped closer. "Are you okay?"

You looked everywhere else but him. "Yeah. Fine. Totally fine."

Because your were constantly looking anywhere else but his toned chest.. you caught the sight of several girls snapping pictures.

You frowned and nabbed his shirt from his hands.

"Hey! What are you-"

You shoved the shirt onto him, huffing when you were done.

"Jeez, what the hell was that about?" He fixes and smoothes out his shirt.

You look back up at the girls and flip them off.

Iwaizumi slapped your hand. "No being rude to fans."

"Ow!"

"Haha! Feel my pain, (Y/n)! OW!"

"BOTH OF YOU ARE IDIOTS!!"

"Iwa-chan, so mean!!" You say in unison.

"Oh god.. I've created a monster," Iwa looks at the two of you with disgust.

You grins and wiggle your fingers. "Yes. Am monster. Fear me," you take a step closer.

"(Y/n). Don't even think-"

Too late.

You tackled him to the ground and pinned his arms above his head. "Muhahaha."

He glares up at you. "Get off."

"Aww. You like it~"

"I never said I didn't. Now get up."

Your jaw drops. "Iwa!!"

His face turns red. "SHUT UP!" He shoves your face away with his hand.

Their team mates looked at them with exasperated expressions. What weirdos..

Although... being pinned by you didn't sound so bad 👀

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Words:928

Idk I might end this book soon 🤷‍♀️