1

You looked up at the stars, sweeping the front porch of house Ogimoto, the place that would likely be your forever home.

You first started working in the red lights district when you were only 15. Your parents were killed by a samurai, they were heavily looked down upon. Stealing from others just to make amends meet, it was no surprise that they met their demise in a brutal way.

You couldn't show your face any where near your house. The samurai would show up and murder you for being born into a family of criminals.

It hurt, walking around the streets of a town that reeked of trouble. No parents, no money, no food. For days you walked around trying to survive off of whatever was in the woods.

Eventually, you showed up in the red light district. An urban area that was known for prostitution.

You would've never walked into the district knowing this.

The madam of house Tokito took you in and you've been working for 5 dreadful years. You never got used to the things you had to do.

You could've had a good, promising future if you were born into a family with a good reputation.

Things, however, are different. Ever since you became ouran of house Tokito. You were treated like royalty— or your idea of royalty at least.

You wore the cleanest kimonos, your makeup was of higher quality, and the girls respected you greatly.

"Y/n come in! You know many young girls have been going missing lately!" Koinatsu said hiding behind the door.

You turned to her, You set the broom aside as you walked indoors.

Koinatsu, a brand new girl in house Tokito. Only being 14, asides that you both got along well.

Your expression softened, "Don't worry about me Koinatsu. I'm fairly stronger than I look."

"Your right I'm sorry y/n." She bowed.

"There's no need for formalities we're friends!" You gestured for her to stand up properly.

She let out a yawn.

"It's getting quite late now don't you think Koinatsu? We should both head to bed." You started to walk into the hallways.

Koinatsu sprinted to join you.

"Y/n if a man ever wanted you to marry him— and he was a good guy, would you leave house Tokito?" She asked gazing at you with curiosity.

"That depends, if my heart and his connected maybe I would. But this place feels like my home. I'd never want to leave it unless I found true love." You walked into your room and slid the door open.

"You're very loyal." She smiled, walking away waving back at you.

Closing the door to your room, you sighed walking in.

When will a man sweep me off my feet? In all honesty, I'd leave this place if it meant I could find true happiness with someone else.

You took off your kimono, it was decorated with white-pink flowers and sparkles. You changed into something comfortable. You sat at the small area where you put on your makeup, taking it off.

Wiping away at my makeup, you looked in the mirror. Examining your face without makeup.

Is this who I am?

You sighed yet again. You hated these nights where you felt despair.

You got up and headed to your futon, it had been recently upgraded into a more comfortable one since you earned the title of an Ouran. You laid there trying to go to sleep.

Your thoughts were focused on what Koinatsu asked you.

Suitors often told you that you were beautiful and would've been an amazing wife if you didn't have such a promiscuous past.

Looking at my window right in front of you, the moonlight shines brightly. Ironic.

You were reminded of the times when your father and you would go swimming late at night.

Your mother used to always get upset at you two for fear that we'd be killed by a samurai or a demon.

You chuckled, demons? Those things are such bullshit. I bet she just wanted to scare me. It worked though. I thought.

You heard a faint noise at my window. You were immediately alarmed.

It wasn't an animal, it sounded like noises a human would make. Animals are loud and have no care whether they bother you. Humans watch out to not bother another.

And in instances like this, humans are extra cautious. While animals still could care less.

You hid under your blanket. Trying your best to stay calm. But knowing many women of the district have been missing lately you couldn't help but feel anxious.

Your window opened, there was no budge.

Your eyes widened you could feel yourself tear up in fear. You felt a presence, and it wasn't cold. Covering your mouth as tears ran down your face.

"Y/n l/n. I know you're under the blanket. Take it off your face for me darling." You heard a man's voice call out yo you.

You pulled the covers from your face, he was a few feet away from you. Additionally he was quite handsome but looked close to death. Pale skin, brown-black curly hair, with pink eyes that had a red tint to them. He wore elegant clothes, something you never saw often in this district.

"Do you need something, sir?" You asked kindly.

"My name is Muzan Kibutsuji. King of all demons." He grinned.

Demons??!!?

"But demons aren't rea-"

He interrupted you. "Questioning the existence of my kind?"

He got close to you in a matter of seconds. You couldn't process how fast he moved, within a second he stood in front of you. The man's large figure covered most of your window.

"I'll teach you to ever question the existence of demons ever again."

He slashed your throat, blood came gushing out. You struggled to breathe.

Your vision blurred as the last thing you saw before passing out was his shoes.