45

"How are you alive?" He asked from below.

You muttered, "Cause Muzan isn't as smart as you think he is."

Akaza's eyebrows rose, "What happened to you?"

You didn't respond to his question, "How long did you know that Muzan was out to get me?"

He sighed, "All he'd ever told us was that you'd be of use."

You scoffed, "Of use how? Wait till I conquered the sun? We all knew it'd never happen."

"It was different. I can't explain the logistics of it because he hasn't told us his plan." Akaza knew he was telling the truth, but it wasn't the whole truth.

"What do you get out of lying to me?" Your voice cracked.

"I'm not lying. I knew you'd be terminated but that only be after you conquered the sun. If the other demon had beat you to it you'd die either way." He explained.

"I've been speaking to Muzan." You confessed.

Akaza stayed silent, he didn't know how to respond. The entire situation was too awkward to fathom.

"You know what's going to happen soon. I'll be there." You told him.

The demon knew exactly what you meant, Muzan himself had secretly been preparing all uppermoons for what would come.

Although he couldn't predict who would attack first.

Too many hashira and uppermoons had died in the past months, a big altercation would take place soon and everyone knew it.

A blessing disguised as a curse for both sides.

"Why are you here?" Akaza choked out after a large moment of silence.

"I'm going to die."

His eyes widened, an odd statement coming from someone so confident in themselves and their survival not too long ago.

"It's what everybody seems to want. Me dying would help Muzan, you, Douma, those humans that I pity too much." You rolled your eyes.

You smiled, "Nevertheless, I'd be remiss if I didn't let you know what was going on. I don't plan to tell Douma however, he loves me too much to let me go as easy as you would."

Before you could continue with your speech Akaza interrupted you, "I do love you, you know that right?"

"Unfortunately you make it painfully obvious." You replied, "I love you too."

Akaza shook his head, "We haven't even bonded properly the way humans do, the way they love each other, why is it different?"

"Think the simple answer is that we aren't humans, they grow on love and we grow to hate everything they love." You chuckled.

The demon then asked, "Can you stay? Just for the night?"

You looked down, "Afraid not, I have business matters to attend to."

"How long are you planning to stay here then?"

"Not too long, I was hoping you'd have more critical questions. So I might leave now-"

Akaza wasted no time, "Do you love him too?"

You uttered, "Yes, I love the both of you. It's selfish, but I'd be a bigger bitch if I lied about how I felt."

He couldn't react, knowing that you loved someone besides him hurt. Nonetheless, he felt that he could've prevented your love for Douma had he just been more precautious.

Another large bit of silence arose until you jumped from the roof. Landing near Akaza but not walking towards him.

"I have learned to hate everyone, but it's different with you."

You disappeared in a flash.

Akaza fell to his knees, he couldn't tell if he was angry or sad. All he knew is that whatever pain his heart felt right now — is a pain that he wouldn't wish on his worst enemy.