34

Your face was filled with pure fear.

He slightly widened his mouth, pretending to be shocked.

"What's with the pale skin? That's my thing." Muzan snickered, such a tease.

"Lord Muzan, my apologies. You startled me, I didn't feel your presence." You dropped to your knees. Hoping that your words were convincing enough.

"What's with the formalities? We're friends..." he paused, looking up at the dark sky. "Besides you blinding two of my strongest kizuki."

You hid your true reaction and spoke, "What do you mean by that Lord?"

"Don't act clueless now, you've made them more human in the past few months than when they were actual humans." He hissed. "If you were going to use that promiscuous past of yours to become stronger, use it on the humans."

Muzan was more pissed than usual, he went so far as to bring your past into the mix.

"Let me tell you something, the title that you have currently isn't what you deserve. Am I delighted to admit that? No." Muzan annoyingly sighed. "Deal with it, stop making my men weak."

He disappeared before you could retort his false claims.

You weren't seducing my way to the top.

You didn't want to make his kizuki weak.

What did you want? What did you gain out of making them weaker?

Your sole purpose ever since you became a demon was to serve Muzan.

You muttered, "Now that I think about it... why did Muzan choose me?"

You asked yourself questions that brought up even more questions. Some you couldn't answer— scratch that. You couldn't answer even a quarter of the questions you asked.

How come you know so little about your purpose?

Why did you serve Muzan, why did Douma or Akaza serve him? How were they chosen?

You ran as fast as you could, you speculated that Kokushibo had answers. He was Muzan's right-hand man after all.

In no time you were there, the place you called home for longer than you had expected to.

Kokushibo was surprisingly outside, cleaning his sword on the porch.

"Lord Muzan spoke to you. I'm not allowed to say anything else, be smart y/n and do what the man says." Kokushibo advised.

You were speechless, yet expected his reaction.

"Lord Kokushibo-"

"The one time you use the correct title for me, what's so important that you have to go behind Lord Muzan's back?" He huffed.

"What do you know about my reason for serving Lord Muzan?" You asked.

His six eyes looked deeply into yours, trying to solve why you'd been so curious.

"Whatever childish game you're playing at, I don't want any involvement." He got up, pointing his sword at you. "You won't win."

You scoffed at the man, he was appalled to see you had the audacity. You were fed up, everyone assumed you were the enemy.

"Koku, there has to be something you know."

He turned back to face you.

"You are the blue spider lily. You'll be dead sooner than you expect it. Keep your big trap shut till then."