29

"You've improved greatly. I'm happy to say you are now at uppermoon 4's level. More practice  and you could beat Akaza." Kokushibo praised.

"Do I get upgraded to uppermoon 4 now or?"

"Muzan's decision, but I think it'd be best if you stayed at your current position. People will assume your weaker than you are, plus your title should be more different than just a 12 kizuki." He explained.

"Koku you know what you said you'd let me do if I got stronger." You grinned.

He rolled his eyes, "1, don't call me that. 2, you're allowed to go out and do whatever you please but be back in 2 days."

Your eyes widened, he was going to be that lenient?

This is the same man who made you burn off a limb every time your fighting position was just even a fragment off.

"I'm allowing this since you've worked hard for it. However, your attitude could use a little maintenance. However, change doesn't come quick."

You were the one rolling your eyes now, "Yea yea your super deep or whatever, can I leave now?"

"5 seconds to get out then, starting now or you'll be-"

You ran out as fast as you could. Kokushibo's "lair" or what you've dubbed his lair. In reality, was just a beautiful house near a waterfall. Sometimes you'd go out before training to watch the moon and the soft sounds of water overlapping itself.

You had one task today, it's something you'd been meaning to do for months now but never ended up finding the time for, partially because of Kokushibo.

There were times where he would've let you out but ended up backing out because his trust in you was "not fully solidified".

Fucking gramps over here with his big words.

You planned to apologize to Douma— no not apologize , get your apology.

You weren't sure why you were still annoyed, the thought of Douma made you happy? Even after not seeing him for four months. Imagining him with someone else disgusted you.

You knew it wouldn't matter because you had betrayed Douma, not like you were even together.

Had you known there was more than sex between you two, you would've stopped Akaza.

You arrived at the village in a short 45-minute walk, Kokushibo's extreme training ended up with you learning to count the minutes without a clock.

"I should be getting paid for this as that money would even be needed." You muttered.

"Perhaps humans would suffice?"

You heard someone whisper into your ear. You could tell the voice from anywhere, Douma. You turned around to see the expected grin and his body that just seemed to be getting more ripped by the day.

"Hey, you." You greeted him with a wave.

Instead of greeting you back, he hugged you, his grip was tight. It was a hug he longed for.

You chuckled, "Are you gonna squeeze me to death or can we talk?"

"You caught me at a good time, I'm free now so we actually can talk." He let go of you and grabbed a hold of your hand.

"Where've you been? I assumed you were long gone after Lord Akaza wouldn't speak to me about you." He asked.

"How did he seem when you went to visit?"

He paused, attempting to recollect his thoughts, "At first he was pissed that I went to visit but I analyzed him. He seemed upset, never seen him like that before. What happened between you 2?"

You sighed, "It was a stupid argument, but I haven't spoken to him in months. Just know I'm about as strong as uppermoon 4 now."

He smiled, "Lord Kokushibo got you to agree, good. It worked I knew it would."

"I presumed he wouldn't have let it slip but I guess word goes round even with a guy like Koku. What've you been doing Lord Douma?"

"Getting stronger, it's been working but besides that my just regular routine. I've tried changing it so that things wouldn't get boring. They did inevitably because you weren't here."

You dramatically opened your mouth, "You've been missing me?"

"Of course I did, I still do. I miss a lot of things about you." He said, you noticed his tone of voice changed. It was a lot more serious than before, he was a lot more genuine.

"I do too, and I'm sorry if anything I did made you do things that you regretted." You blurted out.

His tone switched back, "You know we don't have to focus on those things. It's in the past now, I'd much rather focus on other things you offer."

Yoi knew exactly what he was talking about.

"What do I offer Lord Douma?"

His small grin grew even wider, "How about I show you?"