37

It was nearing morning, you were afraid that you might've been burnt alive if you didn't hurry up.

You spoke with Akaza longer than you should've, you presumed Kokushibo might punish you for being so irresponsible. Putting a simple chat that you could've had at any other given time over your life and his time.

Loud banging noises could be heard from within the forest. You toyed around with your gun, dismissing the fact that you might hit a live animal.

Whilst your gun shot into the night, you were pondering what excuse you could come up with, you didn't want Kokushibo to punish you.

The thought of it spiked a chill in your spine. This was all too regular, he was sort of lenient but taking that for granted and he might actually kill you.

You expected it to be a normal night,

but assumptions aren't always true.

"Come out, it's pathetic the way you try to hide. I could smell you for miles." You hissed.

The bushes that were not too far for you hissed back, a boy jumped out.

A demon slayer.

"You..." You uttered, in pure shock.

How the fuck is he alive?

The samurai's son, he was back again.

And he did not look happy.

"My friends were severely hurt because of you..." he said while reaching for his sword, "I think someone should teach you a lesson."

You cocked your head, "Me? A lesson? Do you realize your father killed my parents?" You retorted.

The boy's eyes widened, it seemed as if his father left that out of his cool samurai stories.

His voice cracked, "That doesn't give you the-"

"I don't care, he's already dead. Wanna free ticket to go see him?" You teased with a big grin on your face.

The grip on his sword was getting tighter, one more comment from you and he might've just done something about it.

But.

As you predicted, he was too slow.

He attempted to go for a clean-cut, it would've worked... had you been inexperienced.

You knew not to draw your gun unless he was a serious opponent. This was just free training— not even training, you were just toying with him.

He attempted a couple other jabs at you which were all ignored, you dodged each one. Your menacing laugh gets louder with each evade.

Douma's fighting style was to weaken his opponent before getting sincere about using his blood demon art. Akaza on the other hand was the type to dive in immediately, he was strong enough for it but you never liked that way of battling.

Why am I thinking of them now?

By now, the boy hadn't laid a finger on you. It was depressing to see him try so hard on a demon who thought of him as a little trinket.

"The only reason you're not fighting back is because that's all you demons do" he panted heavily, "run away from your fucking problems cause you're not strong enough to face them head first."

It was enough to damage your ego.

No, you never ran from your problems... at least you assumed you hadn't.

He was playing with you, even if it was a trap your mind had already decided to give him what he'd been asking for.

You dashed for him, you drew out your gun and pulled the trigger without deliberation.

You were aware that the bullet would miss, it was a little heads up to him that you were no longer playing a child's game. The little smirk on the boy's face only made your desperate need to kill him even stronger.

You were on opposite sides of a forest, he was back to his original spot, near the bushes. He predicted that his words would distract you from the real priority, which was incorrect.

In just a few seconds, he felt himself drop to the floor.

Why are you not getting up? What happened? He asked himself.

He was fully paralyzed and terrified.

The boy hadn't realized that you had shot his leg, leaving him to die by bleeding out.

He felt an upcoming panic attack, his breathing was labored, he wasn't able to properly focus, and his sword was thrown so far away from his grasp.

You walked up to him, a smug look on your face. He looked above himself, his skin tone had gone pale.

The way you stood above him, the way he'd lost so fast, the way you cackled as he laid there in pure fear.

You crouched down, your arms drooped over your legs while you stared into the boy's dark brown irises. The moon made them somewhat visible.

"Say hi to daddy for me will ya?" You smiled.

He just laid there, already given up on himself. All he hoped now is that death wouldn't be as painful as it seemed.

You jokingly pouted, "All bark no bite, little shit." You said as you spat in the boy's face.

The last thing the boy saw before he fell unconscious was you, running into the night.

Waving back at him with your middle finger in the air.